Monday, September 10, 2007

I still hurt

I think the meds have stopped working. I am back to feeling like crap. I need something stronger.

I have not done to much this weekend. I was feeling like crap.

I did have a few unexpected things happen this weekend. Beth, one of the marines, asked me to help her make her boyfriend a king size quilt. So we did and than there was enough material left over that we even made him some pillow cases. Tonight Beth is going to surprise him by making the bed and having him walk in and seeing what she did for him. I never expected Beth to make a quilt. I helped Beth shop for everything and I showed her how to make the quilt, but I did not do any of the sewing.

Yesterday I broke down and went to the commissary and did a major shopping. Another female marine, George, went with me. We had a lot of time to talk and she told me something that made me think. Some how we got on the subject about Ryan.

Raising Ryan is a double edged sword. We are damned if do and we are damned if we don't. I never in a million years imagined that I would be raising a handicap child.

George said to me that she was talking with the girls, and the girls told her that they wish I would go on some of their trips with them. To be very honest I wish I was going on the trip to Africa. Anyway, Nikki told George that she felt so bad for me because I cannot go and do what I want because I will forever have to be Ryan.

I guess the girls have finally realized what I deal with every day. I did feel bad for the girls because I do not want them to have pity on me. I want the girls to continue to live their lives. I will have to learn to be content with just looking at their pictures.

Halloween is coming up. I am not sure what the children are going to go as this year. Last year they all went as super heros. I said that I was going to go look at some thrift stores and see if I could find a catholic school uniform. George said that if I went as a Catholic school girl that she would go as one with me, and that we would kiss each other as the parents opened the door! LOL Rusty said that he would pay money to see that.

Here is a link that you have check out. Paula wrote an entry about me!

http://journals.aol.com/plieck30/Iwantedtobeacowgirl/entries/2007/09/07/drinkin-a-big-joe/4550

Well, I am going to go take a shower and see if that will make me feel any better. I am going to do my best to get caught up on my journal reading.

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope someday someway you will be able to go on a fun trip with the girls. You so deserve it. Paula

Anonymous said...

LOL.....Yes, that would be funny to do with the school outfits! :o) I hope you feel better and one day you'll be able to do what you want.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Kelli, hope you are feeling better, have a good week, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))I am sorry you are ibn so much pain,maybe you can get stronger meds?I hope someday you can get to go places with our daughters.HAve a ncie evneing.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention that I tried the BK iced coffee drink.  Very yummy!  
I hope you get to feeling better soon.  I was so sick last week so I can commiserate!
Traci

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're still not feeling good.  Maybe you need another round of antibiotics.
Lori

Anonymous said...

my son makes that Liquid crack..he bought me one home the other day.I didn't like it..it tastes too much like coffee..i know it is coffee but I'm weird....;-)
please get better...
hugs
Lyn

Anonymous said...

One good thing about what the girls said is they are beginning to realize the sacrifice your making for your son and family.  Keeping you in my prayers on the smoke you get feeling better. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

It is hard raising a handicapped child.  I know my youngest sometimes gets annoyed because I have to spend more time with Noah.  I like to think that God gave me Noah because He knew I would be a great parent.  My mom tells me that if God didn't think I could handle it I would not have had Noah.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!
Pam