Thursday, April 17, 2008

we need to hurry!

\

We have all been told to hurry. Luise in the UK wants to join us on our road trip! So I only have a few people left to pick up here and then we can cruise over to the UK!

So now I have question? Where are we going to end up? I am going to let the captain of the ship decided. I will name the captain later.

Today is suppose to be nice, so I think I am going to kick ass and get all of my house work done so I can got soak up some ray's.

After I wrote yesterdays entry I called the head of the special ed department. She is aware of the problem but there is not much she can do about it. So here is the deal in black and white.

1. Ryan's teacher was hired to teach that class.

2. Ryan's teacher has been with the system so long that they can't fire her.

3. They can't replace her because in order to do that they would have to fire the other teacher.

4. They can't fire the other teacher because then the teacher can come back and sue the school system.

5. They can only have a sub for 20 day's. So every 20 day's Ryan will get a new teacher.

As for all the other stuff in Ryan's IEP she is going to look into.

Last night Rusty and I went out to dinner and it was so nice to have some alone time. I don't think we talked about anything of interest, but at least we were together.

Today we are heading to North West Georgia to pick up Nelishia!

Nelishia, start packing.\

 

http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PRAYINGANDBELIEVING/

 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoo-hoo! Having a great time on the road trip!
I don't know how you make it home in-between to take care of school, the kids and get such great photos. Hurry back to the RV so we can go pick up Nelisha!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, does Nelishia need this.  I just read her last entry and she had the most trying day I can imagine anybody having.  I just hope she survives all this.  I think your idea is just grand.  I love this sort of thing.  It marks you as having a creative spirit!  Oh by the way, I am sending you a copy of the reading I made of my sister's reading.  You and she remind me of each other with your penchents for making peoiple laugh and your turn of the phrase.  And your passion for life! And your fiesty natures!   Gerry

Anonymous said...

Oh does Ne need the break!!!!!

It will be so nice to meet her (hehe)

Michele

Anonymous said...

Love the kitty and dog pictures!  What a sweet soul your dog is!  
Grrrrrr about poor Ryan.
Traci

Anonymous said...

I think we should end up on a uninhabited island, no worries, no stress, no cell phones, no teenagers

pictures are cute! I love how the dog gets along so well with the kittens; you did a good job with them!!

that doesn't seem fair with Ryan's teacher; there's still 2 more months of school; seems like they should be willing to make some type of accommodations

betty

Anonymous said...

WOOOOO HOOO!  I am ready standing outside by the mailbox flagging you down, you don't even have to stop just slow down, let me jump in, then stand on it and peel out!!! ROFLMBO.  Thank you all for swinging by and getting me.  We'll have so much fun.  
Get ready for a good time ladies because I have a sense of humor like you wouldn't believe.  Get the good music playing and lets enjoy life.  

Big hugs and kisses.  I'm bringing ya'll a basket of peaches each!


Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PRAYINGANDBELIEVING/


Anonymous said...

Is the dog in the picture actually snorting that drink up his nose?
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard/

Anonymous said...

May I borrow the blue sunglasses? I forgot mine and you know the sun hurts blue eyes. Paula

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))Thats alot of subs Ryan is going to have.I hope it all works out.Have fun picking everyone up.I like thoes sun glasses graffic.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwww that sucks about Ryan's teacher, loved your pictures, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

That is terrible about Ryan's teacher. I wonder how much he will really learn this year with all of those different subs. I've always disagreed with that rule about teachers having tenure and can't be fired. I think that's so ridiculus!
I'm glad you had a nice night out with Rusty. It's important to have alone time with hubby!
Have a good night,
Pam

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say that your pictures really made me smile! Thanks for posting them!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Doc works as a teacher's assistant and he comes home with some stories that would spin your head. The school system is so unreal these days. One of his kids doesn't have any English on his schedule at all, when Doc asked about this he was told quietly you can't bring something up like that anymore, or risk getting fired, huh? So a kid goes through middle school without any English education at all, without learning how to properly read or write and no one is suppose to say anything? It's unreal. You have to wonder why are we paying high school taxes?

Loved the pictures, it was awesome seeing your dog watching out for the kittens. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Nelishia is going on your road trip.  She needs a nice vacation!
Lori

Anonymous said...

what a cute entry!
does the dog really love those kittne?
wish I could go to Florida!
love,natalie