Monday, December 17, 2007

awake

I was just falling asleep when a friend called. I am not complaining, but now I am awake.

I actually got a lot done today. I got half of the house cleaned up, did some laundry, and a lot of sewing. I do not know what got into me, but I just started sewing pet quilts.

I spoke with Nikki's mentor today. I asked her if she knew of anyone in the church that could use a food basket, and she told me about a lady. I do not know this lady very well, but Nikkis does.

So on Wednesday Nikki and two of her friends are going to help pack food baskets. If some people do not show up then I will get what is left and I can pass them out. So I wanted to have someone in the wings just in case.

Something spoke to me. I went and got out what is left of my Christmas material, and I am going to make her a scrap Christmas quilt. I also have a few scarf's so I will give her one. Then I am going to stuff a stocking for her. I can't wait to bring Christmas to someone else.

I got an early Christmas gift today. I got an e mail from one of our friends. He is coming home from Iraq! that is all I can say about that.

Tomorrow I am going to finish up my sewing and do some more cleaning. I have nothing exciting planned at all. Maybe I will get lucky and I will be able to squeeze in a nap.

 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a very kind young woman. I'm sure someone will appreciate what you are doing. Hope you get that nap. Oh and yes they do make replacement dipsticks. lol Paula

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better. What a kind thing to do, can you post a picture of your christmas quilt? Louise xx

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))Dont work to hard,get some rest.Glad you are feeling better.Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're feeling better! You are so sweet to always do such nice things for others. Happy claening and sewing today. Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better?? Please take pics of the quilt when you are done. I wish I knew how to sew....(jealous)

Have a wonderful day....and may you be blessed.

Michele

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your friend is coming home from Iraq. And I think you are such a good person to bring Xmas to someone you don't even know. God Bless you!
Wish I knew how to sew better. I bet your quilts are great!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Loved this entry. I would rather give a Christmas like your giving the woman in need, than have more gifts for myself under the tree. I think it's an absolutely wonder idea adding the quilt and scarf for her. I told Doc I want to learn to use a sewing machine. I've been crotcheting, knitting, doing embroidery since I was 5. I can hand sew very well, but never got around to actually learning to use a machine. I've seen some wonderful quilt patterns I would love to try....Thanks for keeping the Christmas Spirit alive! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

That is awesome that you are going to bring Christmas to someone!  I can't wait to be in a position to bring Christmas to someone else!  Right now I'm just thankful for our Christmas Angel!
traci

Anonymous said...

As sick as you've been and you did all that?  And planning more to do, huh?  I really wish I could be as industrious as you are!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Kelli, hope you are feeling better by now, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Doesnt giving make you feel good? Cleaning certainly doesnt,I have two massive black sacks full of clothes to go to charity,six big blankets to go to the salvation army for the homeless and two baskets to go to my local old peoples rest home.Now I feel xmas is really here,merry xmas hun xx zoe xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/domestic-chaos/

Anonymous said...

I am in awe of all you do.

Anonymous said...

Awww.. that is great he is coming home.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Ilove you Kelli!
love,nat