Thursday, December 6, 2007

I am so cold

Why am I so cold? It is 73 degrees in the house. Oh well I have some hot chocolate so maybe that will warm me up.

Yesterday was fun. I am so glad that I made the time to go and have some time to myself.

Earlier this week I discovered that I am married to a white man. Rusty and I were talking about Christmas gifts for Ryan and I suggested that we buy him a basketball.... since he is playing basketball now. I told Rusty that way he could help Ryan with his dribbling and passing. I got that blank stare. Rusty finally said " I do not even know if I can dribble a basketball" I just looked at him and said " you really are a white boy even I can play basketball." I am still going to buy Ryan a basketball for Christmas.

So several years ago when one of our dogs was a puppy it killed two of the neighbors dog. Now it is not what you might be thinking. Our dog and their dogs use to run along the fence and bark at each other. One day while the dogs were doing this our neighbors dog's had heart attacks! So last night we saw a strange dog in our back yard. This is very strange for us since our back yard is completely fenced in. It was the same neighbors dog. There new dog had pushed two of the fence boards off. We tried so hard to get their dog back into their yard so that we could fix the fence, but the dog wanted to play. We gave up and came back in the house. The our dogs wanted to go out. I almost let them out, but then remembered that there was another dog in our yard. I could just see our pit killing there new dog. I don't think our neighbors would be happy if we killed their third dog.

I have a few errands to run today and then I am going to go visit my quilting friend. I managed to get a lot of cleaning done last night so today is mine.

Tonight for dinner I am going to make sloppy Joes. Ground beef is very high here, so I found some steaks on sale I am going to grind them up. Can you believe that it is cheaper for me to grind my own meat then it is to buy it preground?

Next week we have to go to the school and do Ryans IEP. The teacher he has this year is so awesome. She is going to push to get Ryan into the therapy that he needs. I have been fighting with the school system for years and now it looks like I have someone on my side. I am not going to get my hope's up, after all it is the California public school system.

Nikki is sewing her boyfriend a quilt for Christmas. The last time she did this she broke up with him. I can only hope that this will happen again. I do not like this boy. Last night Nikkis boyfriend called and I told him that she was not home. This boy then asked if I knew where she was! I said "yes, I do" and hung up on him.

Last night I let Rust do something that I never allow him to do. i let him brush my hair. Anyone with naturally curly hair knows that a hair brush can get lost in our hair. I had straightened my hair so it was a little easier for him to brush. I must admit that it was nice to have him brush my hair. Rusty could not believe how long it has gotten.

I need to go get my day started.

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelli, sending you hugs to keep you warm ((((((((((((( Kelli )))))))))))))))))) Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

You have yourself a wonderful day. I love to get my hair brushed, it feels so good.

Michele

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))I am so glad someone is on your side with helping Ryan.I can play a little basketball.LOL.Its fun.You have natural curly hair,so do I.Sometimes I hate it,but,than people come up to me and tell me I have beatiful hair.Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

hey we are having sloppy joe here too! that is what was in the box of food someone from my church brought to us!



~~Make it a Great day~~

Sharon

http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor/

Anonymous said...

I like what you told that boyfriend. Of course you knew where she was. What was he thinking. lol Paula

Anonymous said...

Funny story about Rusty and basketball!! LOL!
Nice that he brushed your hair. There's just something about that, that feels wonderful! I hope you have a good day today.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Getting your hair brushed.  Oh what luxury!

Anonymous said...

What rotten Karma or whatever you and your neighbors have gotten into regarding the dogs.  I was laughing about him being so white.  My brother is so white when he ran and dribbled at the same time, he bounced the ball of his knee sending it off court somewhere.  How embarrassing!  I also thought it was funny that you answered Nikki's bf and then hung up.  If making a quilt will break them up, help her finish by adding extra stitches at night while she's sleeping, jk.  Don't mean to be mean but we Mom's KNOW when a boy is nothing but trouble waiting to happen for our daughter.  

Here's a cup of hot chocolate.  Be warm.  

NELISHIA
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PRAYINGANDBELIEVING/

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd stop by and see how you were.  I'll try to stop in again soon.  Sorry you don't like Nikki's boyfriend.  I'm not sure I'll like any of my girls' boyfriends.  I dont' want them to even have boyfriends - EVER!  OH I'm going to be in so much trouble when they get big!
Traci

Anonymous said...

A dog story is always interesting since i always had dogs until I moved into HUD complexes.  We could not have pets then, but we can now.  Now my pet peeve is pet owners whose dogs can't wait and pee in the elevator and they don't clean it up!  But some of these dogs and cats are the light of an other wise lonely person's life so I am all for what will make them less lonely.  Gerry