Tuesday, December 4, 2007

can you believe I am still here?

So here I sit with just a few moments to myself.

The weekend was very crazy and wet. I can't believe we actually got rain!

George came in from 29 Palms so we had a nice visit. I really enjoyed just chilling with her.

One of our friends called and asked Nikki to baby sit for them this week. The only problem is that Nikki does not get out school until after this girl does. And this little girl lives on the other side of town. So I am picking this girl up every day. Then Nikki is responsible for watching her and helping her get her homework done.

This little girl, Sierra, found the Barbie dream house yesterday. Sierra was as happy as could be for a few hours. I must admit that it was very strange to walk past the living room and to see Barbie stuff everywhere. I have not seen that in years.

Today I went and talked to Ambers child development class. Amber did a presentation on Noonans syndrome, so I came in talk to the class. I must say that all of the children asked some very good questions.

Nikki just rolled out of bed at the crack of 10:45. Nikki was so tired this morning, so I was going to let her sleep for an extra hour and just let her go to school late. Then I went to wake her up and said screw it. Nikki needs this time to rest. Between all of her ap class, practicing every night for the Christmas play, babysitting and home work......I think she is just about burned out.

So over the weekend I said that my stunt is to go to the commissary dressed as a Muslim women. Rusty and CJ don't think that is a good idea. All of my girlfriends think it is a great idea as long as they can come and take pictures!

We finally started decorating for Christmas over the weekend. Rusty sat down at the computer desk and just started smiling. Then Rusty turned to me and said I love this. So I walked over to the desk to see what he was talking about. Amber set up a picture of Rusty's mom kissing Santa and then behind that was a picture of me kissing Santa!

Last night I asked Rusty if he will ever stop smiling when he see's that picture. Rust said " no. I remember that year. It was at the squadron Christmas party and I saw mom kissing Santa. I told dad that mom was kissing another man. What I did not realize that year was that dad was Santa!" I just pulled the picture out of the frame to see if there was a date on the picture but there was not.

Well I have to go get Ryan's laundry washed, and go to the store, the I will start the after school rush around.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny about the picture of her kissing "another man." LOL
Pam

Anonymous said...

I see you're busy as usual. Your snowflake graphic is pretty. Don't be kissing Santa too much. Paula

Anonymous said...

Thats cute that Rusty smiled at that.  The snowfake is pretty.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))Sounds like Niki needed some much needed rest.Thanks for the comment about the Mom,daughter thing.LOL.I have a question for you,since,you know alot of Marines,I would love to send Christmas cars to them.Do you have any addys were I could send to them?Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Kelli, how cute you kissed Santa, you should get my card soon, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

You're a good mom!  We have to be able to know when our kids need a little extra pampering, don't we?  I love the story of Rusty and his mom and dad.  That was so sweet.
Lori

Anonymous said...

That's funny he caught his mom kissing Santa LOL then later found out it was his dad. I don't blame you for letting her stay home and rest. She probably really needed that.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Dear Kelli,
sounds like you are really getting ready for Christmas!
hugs, natalie
ps lovely graphics!

Anonymous said...

I think your judgement as a Mom is right on target because she DID need the rest.  GOod for you.  That was so sweet about the picture and I enjoyed reading it so much, imagining him smiling like that about it.  You seem to be in the Christmas spirit.  Hope you all get to decorate soon

Hugs and happy thoughts to you,

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PrayingandBelieving/
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/Crocheted-creations/

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's the cutest kitten graphic.  You cat lovers always seem to have the cutest pictures of cats.  I did chuckle at the idea of you going to the commisary dressed as a Muslim lady. Maybe the men were afraid you might get arrested as a terrorist.  They know war makes people in power do crazy things.   Gerry