Monday, December 17, 2007

still sick

I have this nasty cough and my head is still congested. It seems to be going around. I have talked to a few people that have the same thing and they say that this thing hangs on for weeks. i was also told that it is a virus, so don't bother going to the doctor for it. So here I sit. Coughing and trying not to pee my pants at the same time.

This weekend was very uneventful and I am very thankful for that. I don't thin I could handle much activity.

Last night we got to see old friend. Our friends Sam and Lisa are foster parents and they always have different children in and out of their home.

Last night one of the boys arrived home for the Christmas holiday's. I am just so proud of him. Brandon ( the foster child) could have easily gone down a different path.

Brandon grew up in foster care. He saw his mom only from time to time. Their is no name on his birth certificate, so there is father to speak of.

Brandon is now letting the system help him. Brandon got a scholarship to North Dakota state, and the system is paying for his books, room and food. Brandon want to  become a teacher and eventually move back to the socal.

I am just so damn proud of him.

I was going to go up to the commissary today, but I forgot to get the card from Rusty. I guess I will go tomorrow. Besides one more day of staying in the house will do me good.

Amber is 17 and ready to drive me up a wall. I do not know what I am going to do next year when I have three teenagers in the house!

Anyway, Amber seems to be having money issues. Meaning she does not have enough money to support all that she needs to be doing.

So today I am going to give Amber a lesson in reality. The gas gauge in my car is leaning on e. So I am going to go to some local bars and pull their cans and bottles out of the trash. The I am going to go take them to the recycling center, and then go fill up the tank.

I can afford to put gas in the car, but I am hoping to show Amber that you have to do what the situation calls for. In Ambers case it calls for her taking recycling down and getting the cash so that she can pay her bills.

If this fail's and Amber does not go and pick up their recycling, well I just might keep dong it. I am not that proud and with the price of gas going up everyday I am so not worried about what people think of me.

Well I should get my ass in gear and get something done today. I Have a lot to do ,but I have no energy. All of the children are off school for three weeks, so I know that this is going to be very long Christmas break.

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelli, I sure hope you feel better soon, Brandon sounds like an amazing kid, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm not too good to pick up aluminum cans off the street. My daughter and I did it for years and gave the money to charity. I was thin then too from all the walking. Good luck with three teens in the house. Hope you feel better soon, Paula

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSOYOU)))))))))))))))I hopr you get to feeling better soon.Brandon sure did grow up to be a good kid.I hope Amber will learn some good hard lessons.You are a good Mom.

Anonymous said...

I was sick to i had coughing for four days thursday to sunday. I had to go to the doctor but i got some medicine and it made me feel better anyways i hope you have a great Christmas

love

kirstie

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon. It took me like three weeks to get rid of my cough. I don't smoke, but sounded like I had a smoker's cough. I would cough so hard that I threw up sometimes so I feel for you. I know this sounds dumb, but I stayed over a steamer breathing hot steam air everyday to help with my congestion I refuse to take pills and drank lots of hot tea and hot cocoa.
Take care and Hugs, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon hun..
i snagged your lights i hope you don't mind...;-)
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I don't know how those people who have to get around in cars afford gas.  They even raised bus prices here, so people are paying more for bus fare and not getting there on time what with all the wheel chairs loading and unloading on some routes where most of the HUD complexes are.  Sounds like you are doing your usual helping others have a good Christmas, too.  I am sleeping under my home made quilt my sister created now and does it feel good.  It is so right for the weather.  I will love this quilt until I die.  It is my security blanket, as so many of her quilts have been for others.  I am sure those who receive one from you feel the same!  They are a wonderful gift.   Gerry

Anonymous said...

I don't think kids have any reality of money at all these days. When I asked Skye how she could afford a new car payment, her reply was "It's only $220 a month". Ok only (wanting to seriously smack some sense upside her head). And what happens when she misses a few payments. No transportation, no vehicle and NO don't ask mom to bail you out.

How did our kids grow up to believe money grows on trees? (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Now that is something I've never thought of.  Getting the empties and getting cash.  It wouldn't quite work here since we don't have a refund on empties.  
Traci

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon.  I've had a bit of a cold, but nothing too nasty.  I like your idea for a life lesson for Nikki.  Kids just don't really understand money matters these days.  They have no clue about the real costs of things.
Lori

Anonymous said...

love your attitude Kelli!
Congratulations to Brandon!
I totally agree with what you told Amber!
love,nat