Friday, August 25, 2006

yes, it is friday

Yes today is Friday. I was hoping to have a good day. I got up this morning, made some tea, got dressed and I was ready to start my day.

First stop was the hippy store ( all natural store) then it was down to base to get some fire wood and to have lunch with a friend. I had it all planned out!

We got to the hippy store and I got what I needed and we headed out to the truck only to find that it would not start. So I called a friend to come get us. Rusty grabbed his tools and we headed back to get the truck.

Rusty took the starter off the truck and we had it tested. The test said that the starter was fine. So Rusty put it back on. Still nothing. So Rusty went and bought a new starter and put it on. Still nothing! Finally Rusty said " lets start at step one" he checked the connections and it turned out that the connections to the battery were not good! All of that work in the hot sun for a 20 second fix?!

Keep in mind that we just had to replace the head gaskets, all the plugs and wires. We had the whole system flushed and had to have new tires put on the truck. Today we got a new starter. I am telling you the truck is like new now!

Elle called me yesterday to let me know that she has a free ticket if I want to come see her. I just don't think my family is ready for me to leave. I would however like to see Alaska. I think what we are going to send the girls to Alaska for a week. Maybe while they are on Christmas break. I think they would like that.

The house is going to be empty this weekend so I think it is time for me to get some serious cleaning done. I need really work on the garage.

I have not called home since I left, but I think I will call this weekend. I do still love my parents, I just cannot stand to be around my mom.

well that is about as exciting as my life has been today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you're home and happy with your family! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

it must be lovely to be home..............Jules xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/