Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ireland

Glad Nikki is home! ~ My summer is over too. I went back to work a few weeks ago, my hubby goes back today and the kids all go back to school next Monday. I'm already ready for another summer! ~ I just did "ask me anything" at my other journal. My question to you is... Do you read my other journal? If not, why? -- just kidding, that's not really my question but stop by that journal anyway...
http://journals.aol.com/lifes2odd/Justvisiting/. ~ My real question is one someone just asked me. If you could have an all expenses paid trip to anywhere where would you go? Why? how long would you stay ? What would you do while you were there? Martha :-)

Well Martha I would go to Ireland. My grands parents are from there. I never really go to know them, but I would have loved to hear their stories.

I want to go back to the county of Cork and just stand there. I want to stand where my grandparent stood. I have often wondered if I still have relatives over there, but the people that would know that answer are dead. There is one other person who might know, but there is one person who might know. That would be my dad cousin Patrick.

The last time my dad knew Patrick was in Canada and he was a priest and he was even educated at Notre Dame. That is all I know about him.

Today has been a productive day. So far today I have gotten dinner cook and the house cleaned up. I MIGHT have even sold my vintage sewing machine. I do hope that this lady wants it, I could use the money for a project that I am working on.

Nikki tried out for softball yesterday and she does have another try out today. I was informed yesterday that if she makes the varsity team that they also do travel ball! I am telling you I need an atm machine with an endless supply of money. I just hope that Nikki makes a team and is happy.

Yesterday Nikki and I went over to one of Ambers teachers houses. The teacher is giving us some stuff for Ambers yard sale. This teacher is giving us some really nice stuff! I am going to list some of the stuff on craigslist and see if we can get a little bit more for it.

Amber just came in and told me that the news just said any dead beat dads that owe more then $20,000 in back child support cannot get a passport. I am not sure if that is just for California or for all of the US.

I am going to go apply at Target. I have decided that if I go back to work then I can pay for Nikki's trip to Costa Rica. After that it will help pay for Christmas.

Heather.... I have not gotten any alerts from you. What up with that?! LOL Is aol acting up again?

I do hope that everyone has a great day.


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope she makes the team.  My daughter has played for 8 years.  This will be her 4th year on varisty.  Her team won the state championship this year.  We have also done travel ball, although it was expensive, we all have the best memories from it.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Wow i would like to go to Ireland it would probably be very pretty. Anyway have a good rest of the day cya

Kirstie

Anonymous said...

I hope that someday you are able to go to Ireland!!
Pam

Anonymous said...

BTW...I tried to read your other journal and it wouldn't let me in.
Pam

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))I love hearing your stories.

Anonymous said...

I would love to spend some time in Ireland!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really cool trip that you will take someday!
Traci

Anonymous said...

How cool!  My parents went there, they said it was beautiful.  Have you ready any of the McCourt books?  I read "A Monk Swimming", funny book, I think they were from Cork?

Anonymous said...

Didn't know you had another journal...My daughter played Little League Softball. She was good, but not great...she will have to try out this year for the middle school if she wants to play...

Hope you sell the sewing machine..

Michele
http://journals.aol.com/glensfork4/these-are-my-thoughts/

PS Heather just posted a few minutes ago...but she has posted this morning too.

Anonymous said...

Um, you may have to reset my alerts from when I went private on accident... and offended a few people and I explained I was just cracked out from pain and ended up getting slammed by a holier than thou heffa who was offended at my "Oh my God" response to the issue. *eyeroll* Yes, the drama llama followed me home last weekend. But... there have been some good posts too... so check me out... catch up...
I was just about to suggest craigslist to you. I have to post our delapidated sectional downstairs from Michael's bachelor pad. My goal is to sell all of our furniture before next June so all we have to move is clothing and personal effects and so Michael has to buy all new furniture... *teehee* OUr bet is that I can't get $100 for the sectional. If I do... Michael will let me have the $100 and match it. He only comes home about once a month so I figure if I move stuff out slowly,  he won't miss it.
Anyways... it would be Ireland for me too. Or Italy. have a great day...
*hugs*
heather

Anonymous said...

And your other journal is... private... so add julydarby and she will visit.
*smile*

Anonymous said...

I think that your first sentence or 2 has some people confused.....I dont think they realized that you were posting the question from Martha....LOL I bet Ireland is gorgeous....I have never thought of going there......until now. I just went to Target today, I love that place. Have a great evening.
Hugs
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Ireland sounds interesting.  You have another journal?  Can we get the link?  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

Kelli, I would love to go to Ireland, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I had been told one of my great grandmother's was from Ireland, but you knw somehow I could never feel I was part Irish even though I really wanted to be.  I recently found out that she was Scottish as was my great grandfather, not Irish at all.  I envy you your Irish ancestors.  I think that would be a wonderful trip.  I could get worked up about Ireland so much easier than about Scotland.  Gerry

Anonymous said...

That would be great if you really could go. :o) Good luck on the garage sale!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog listed on the main page so I stopped in to read a bit. I really enjoy this blog. I have never really considered visiting Ireland but after reading this, It does sound like it would be a great to visit.

Anonymous said...

I sure wouldn't mind going to Ireland myself! :-)

Anonymous said...

I have always loved the rolling greens of Ireland. What a wonderful idea to visit a place that has the remembered footsteps of your grandparents. As for having an ATM with an enless supply of cash, I don't know how many times I went down that road of thinking with my own daughter. Life just seems to cost so much these days. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Hummmm... I never visited your other journal because I never knew you had one.
I'd love to go to Ireland too. Good luck on the yard sale, trying out and job hunting.
Take care, Chrissie