Friday, June 2, 2006

parents are here

My parents arrived and so far our visit is going very well.

There has been no mention of my sister or her evil child so that is good.

My mom and I have been talking about my dads condition and....well my dad is bad.

My dad is talking very slow and his speech is slurred. My dads short term memory is going, but he can still crack a joke with the best of them.

My mom says that she does not think that my has totally given up yet. She just thinks that he does not know what to do with his life now.

I mentioned to my mom and dad that maybe they should get a dog. My mom really likes the idea since it will give my dad someone to care for. So they are going to go look at the animal shelter when they get home. I know they can find an older mellow dog for my dad.

Today we are going to spend the day just hanging out by the pool. Amber has to dance tonight so we are going to eat an early dinner and then just chill the rest of the night.

Last night was Ambers sweet 16 birthday. I cannot believe that she is 16!

We took Amber out to dinner at a very nice restaurant. And then we gave her her gifts. We gave Amber a huge piece of Amber that she can have cut down into anything that she would like. We also gave her a topaz that she wants made into a ring. My mom and dad gave her a necklace with a maple leaf on it.

The maple leaf was made from a pin that my grandmother was given by her mother on her 16th birthday. So I guess you can say it is a tradition.

well I hope everyone has a great day. It is time to go get some sun!

No comments: