Friday, May 16, 2008

Another day in my life.

I just had to laugh when I saw this tag this morning. Oh this is true and it applies to me so well.

The cleaning is done! So today the carpet guy is coming in! Yes, finally I can see things moving in the right direction.

I have been listening to my great grandmother for the last few days. Oh and yes my great grand mother is dead. But she would rub aloe on everything. So I have been breaking off pieces of aloe and rubbing them on fingers and the chemical burns. They are feeling so much better! I will have to check and see if the new house has an aloe plant, if not I will have to get one.

Amber is mad because Rusty and I decided to give Nikki the other master bedroom. We chose to give it to Nikki because we feel she has earned it. Amber is pissed because she feels that she should get it just because she is older. Amber even offered to pay rent! I just laughed and said "You don't even make enough to pay all of the bills you have now!"

Amber was very nice to me yesterday. Amber came over after school and helped me scrub down the last room. Amber learned just how hard it is to scrub down walls. Welcome to my life.

Rusty is dealing with all of this a little better. I don't like seeing him under stress. It is not good for his heart. I also just called one of the marines and asked them to stop by and take Rusty some water or Gatorade. Rusty is out working in this heat (100 degrees) and that is also not good for him.

So Rusty just called me. He said " Did you talk to Ross?" I was like what are you are talking about? Rusty said " you both are full of hit. I know you called him and asked him to bring me something to drink."

O.K. so I did. I am just trying to take care of my man even if I can't be there to do it for him. Shoot me for being a good wife. Rusty did laugh, so that is a good thing!

 

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I would have taken rent from Amber and then evicted her when she couldn't pay (no, not really; I'm such a softie it would have been a hard decision on who got the other master bedroom)

so glad Amber did help you out with the cleaning yesterday

it is promising to be a warm weekend here isn't it? (not complaining about it, I actually like warm weather :)

but working outside in it would not be pleasant; so glad someone was able to provide Rusty with something cool to drink :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Awww Rusty knows who is responsible for the good things that happen to him. That was thoughtful of you. Paula

Anonymous said...

You knew there would be some fallout from Amber about the room. I hope she doesn't make it so miserable for everyone that Nikki gives her the room anyway.
I'm glad you sent Rusty some drinks. People can get REALLY sick from working in the heat and not drinking! He is so lucky to have you to look after him. I think you are the BEST wife and mom!
Have a good day...Pam

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))You did the right thing on choosing who got the Bedroom.That was sweet of you to do that for Rusty,He is a good Husband.

Anonymous said...

You are a great wife!!!

I'm glad that the house is done - or your part of cleaning it is!!!

I think you made the right decision on who got the extra master bedroom.

I love that tag lol

love,

Michelle

Anonymous said...

It was probably good you called someone to take water out to your husband.  He needs to be careful.  I had a friend in Texas who worked on the hiway maintence crew who actually died of heat stroke because he did not have proper hydration one day.  Water, water, water!!!   Well now the cleaning is done...you'll be able to start moving in and getting settled.  The fun begins.   Linda in Washington state

Anonymous said...

Kelli, I always love the tags you put in with your entries, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I think I have to agree with Tupac and just move on instead of over-analyzing everything - which is what I've been doing lately.  ::sigh::

Monica

Anonymous said...

wow girl..never dull moment in your life..if i lived closer i would come scrub with you...
hugs
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/

Anonymous said...

Aloe is good stuff.  God doesn't mess around, he gives you what you need.  Amber helping is, uh, too little, too late?!
Traci

Anonymous said...

So happy Amber helped you out.  Love the tag too...hugs...have a great week!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Amber needs humbling a bit and so glad she got in there and helped you out.  The tags are very appropriate.  You're being a good wife and he knows it so he should just drink the Gatorade and say thank you honey.  You will be getting a package from me in the next few days.  I hope it doesn't get lost in fowarding address hell.  AND I hope things keep falling into place for all of you and it does it soon and smoothly.

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/Prayingandbelieving/