Thursday, May 15, 2008

bleeding

Well those are my fingers. I literally worked my fingers until they bled.

The new house is so dirty and gross. I am only half way done cleaning it, so I will finish it up today. Bleeding fingers or not, it has to be done.

Back in 1990 I was burned in grease fire. I was told that I would never have use of my right arm again. I told the doctors that I had to get use back, I had my first child on the way. I was pregnant with Amber.

I did get use back, but I have a lot of scar tissue. I can notice it, but other people say that unless they know what to look for they don't see it.

Anyway, I just take for granted that it is there. It is stiffer then my other skin. So when I saw my fingers bleeding I was shocked.

For everyone that wants to smack Amber please come over and get in line.

Last night Amber asked me what was for dinner. I told her whatever she could find. Amber then said "A good mom cooks and cleans for her children."

I just raised my hand and said " Well I must be a good mom then because I just scrubbed down our new house until my fingers started to bleed. If you want dinner then go get it yourself!"

So here I am this morning. My fingers still hurt. Rusty is under a lot of stress. My house has no peace. I am trying my hardest to keep everything together.

The home that we are living in now went to sale yesterday and it was sold. So now I am just sitting here waiting for a knock at the door. I wonder how much time we will have to finish getting our stuff out.

Oh well, life moves on. Today I am going back to the house to finish cleaning. On Saturday I am going to start moving all of the stuff from our garage into the other houses garage.

I think this is one reason Rusty is stressed. Other then the move and work. I think Rusty is stressed out because this move falls on my shoulders. I thought that is what a spouse does.Aren't we suppose to pick up the slack when the other one cant?

Oh well, I need to get my ass in gear and get moving. There is a lot to get done today.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor you!  Those fingers...
I think your able bodied girls need to get in gear and get helping with the move.  And where are the Marines?!  They need to help too!
Just my opinion!
Traci

Anonymous said...

AWW....with all the people you have around you (big marines)....tell them "HELP"


Michele

PS...my kids (son more than daughter) that too about cooking....yeah...get your ass up!!!!

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))I hope you will get to rest thoes fingers.Does Amber know how to cook?

Anonymous said...

I'm in the AMBER smacking line.  Your poor hands.  I can hardly do anything with gloves on but try to use some Playtex rubber gloves to protect your hands the rest of the way.  Remember a movie called AIRPLANE?  There was a funny scene in it where a person was sitting on the plane hysterical about flying and the whole plane was in a line to take turns at slapping this person, a man with a baseball bat, and even a couple of nuns.  Visualize Amber there. LOL  And visualize all of J-Land in that line ready to smack her.

You're a great Mom and a very good wife.  Don't let somebody going through puberty make you doubt yourself. EVER!

NELISHIA
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/Prayingandbelieving/

Anonymous said...

(((Kelli))) you can't do this alone; you need to get some people to help you, email me; I'll see how I can help; I'm off from work tomorrow; I can come and at least help move boxes or clean or something for a few hours

I'm hoping the people who bought the house has some compassion on you/family and allow you time to move out

let me know how I can help; I'm available

betty

Anonymous said...

I LOVED your response to Amber!! That was PERFECT what you said!
Sorry about your hands. Are you wearing gloves? Maybe wear two pairs of rubber gloves.
Sorry Rusty is so stressed. You are a great wife and he's so blessed. He knows this.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Aw Kellie, I'm so sorry you are doing this alone.
You need to ask for help - with all you do for everyone else - they need to come help you now. Are the girls helping at all????
I think you handled Amber perfectly lol - and from now until the move is complete- it should be fix dinner yourself - and help mom while your at it packing and moving the stuff. They aren't infants-  they can survive.

I wish I could help you - I'll be praying for you.

Love,

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Oh my, your poor hands...hope they heal soon.  You gave the right answer back to Amber.  I would have said the same thing.  Hope things calm down for Rusty and his stress.  You get some rest when you can..take care..
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I have to wear gloves (as much as I hate them) when I do heavy cleaning like that.  It will all get done, it always does.   Linda in Washington state  

Anonymous said...

Awwww Kelli, hope your fingers feel better soon, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

This could be called working your fingers to the bone.  Lilke I said, you are a very hard working stay at home Mom.  A lot would not be done if you went to work unless you never slept which you probably would not.  I am interested in the new house and ready to read about new adventures taking place there.  I always moved when I could think of no other way to spice up my life.  Gerry

Anonymous said...

Ouch those fingers look painful. I hope they feel better soon. (((((((((((Hugs)))))))
Cindy