Thursday, May 22, 2008

I had a date last night

So last night I called my best friend and said lets go to dinner. None of the children are home. So I got there before he did. I ordered our drinks and then he showed up. He showed up and I still looked like crap, but he was happy to see me anyway. It was nice to sit and talk. No cell phones ringing, no children, just the two of us. I so love my husband.

Yes the house is nice looking! Can you believe that very white trash people are going to live there? We have three trash cans because one is for recycling, one for trash and one for yard waste.

Betty said that she liked the Jack Daniel's bottle in the back ground of one of the pictures. Jack is Rusty's drink of choice. Rusty's doctor said that he could have one mixed drink a night. Sometimes I let him have more! LOL

Does anyone want to adopt Amber? I will send you announcement if you will send her a card. Amber is very sick of not having family.

Last night I was going through some stuff and I noticed that a picture was missing. The picture was 8x10 picture of the five of us with my mom and dad. I never hung the picture up because I am not ready to see any pictures of my dad. That picture was taken two years ago and at that point my dads mind was 90% gone. That damn cancer, the damn U.S. Army.

Well, the picture is gone. I asked Rusty if he had seen it. He said no. I asked Nikki and she said no. I called Amber and she said, " I put it in a frame and hung it up at the new house."

Great, Today I get to go to the new house and see a picture of my dad. I am not mad at Amber. I am just not ready to see my dad. He has been dead almost two years and I am still very angry at him and I still don't want to believe that he is gone.

More from the family ties that bind and gag.

My dad comes from a big Irish, Catholic family. The children are: Karen, Keith, Kevin, Katherin,Kollette,Kerry,Jane Ellen,Anne.

Karen is my dads older sister. She married an Italian and they had three boys, Chris, David and Marc. Karen now lives in Vegas and is a raging drunk. John spends most of his time in Italy where he still runs his family's business. I have not seen or heard from any of them in 18 years. Karen came to see Amber when I brought Amber home for a visit. All she said to me was " What do you think you are doing? I am not old enough to be a great Aunt"

Keith. My dad. Dead

Kevin is a physco Vietnam vet. Kevin actually watched me when he came back from Vietnam. Kevin did not speak for something like 5 years. Gee is that why I did not learn to speak until I was three? My day care provider was a physco Vietnam vet who did not speak. Kevin has three children: Kelley, I can't remember her name and a boy named Mike. I have not seen or heard from them in over 18 years. I did hear that one of the girls went into the convent.

Out of the other remaining four I know that one is dead. Jane was adopted so she is only about 5 years older then me. I have no idea where she is or what she is doing. Anne is by my grandfathers second wife and is only a few years older then Amber. I have no idea what happened to her.

Today I need to go buy a crate and some bubble wrap. I am going to pack up my light houses for good. I will not have room for them at the new house so I want to make sure that they are safe.

Here is the link to the light houses that I collect.

http://www.harbourlights.com/catalog/2008/index.htm

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelli, glad you like your new house, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))I am a bit confuse,if Amr needs ards,I would be happy to send one.You are always so busy.

Anonymous said...

A date?!  What would that be like?!
I'll be Amber's aunt.  Wish I could be there!  I am honorary aunt to my friend's two boys.  I even get called Aunt Traci.  I see them far more than my actual nephews.  Too sad.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

I would be happy to send Amber a card.  My daughter is in the same position, graduating and not much family to invite to a party, maybe 15 at tops.  Email me your address.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

I'll be an aunt to Amber..I sent you an email.   Every kid that graduates from high school these days needs to be praised for the accomplishment.  Sounds like your move is moving on...Linda in Washington state  

Anonymous said...

I'm sending you my new address, have Amber send me a graduation announcement

long story, but we aren't drinking for a year, but JD is my husband's drink of choice, mine is red wine; some day I'll tell you the story of why we are giving up alcohol

so glad you got a date with your hubby!! always great to spend quality time with the one you love!!

those lighthouses are adorable; I agree with you; keep them safe and when you have room in a more secure place, bring them out again

families; my mom came from a family of 10; I have cousins I've never met since we moved away; its weird though because you think we would be better connected because of being related

betty

Anonymous said...

I would be happy to send Amber a card.  Brittany is in the same position, graduating and not much family to invite to a party, she doesn't even want to invite her dad's side!


Sharon

Anonymous said...

I'll send Amber a card.  Please send me the new address.  I'll be her new Southern Aunt from JAW-GA.  LOL  Think Suzanne Sugarbaker from Designing Women way back in the 90s and you'll get it.


Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/Prayingandbelieving/

Anonymous said...

my MIL collects lighthouses. She has over a 100 of them. hope you have a great weekend. ((((Hugs)))))
CIndy

Anonymous said...

Send me your address and I'll gladly be Amber's Aunt. She can even read my journal to learn all about me(winks). Seriously I would love to send a card to her. A graduation is a really big thing for a kid. She could use another Aunt to congratulate her and let her know how proud of her we are.

Now I understand why you said what you did on the wedding entry. Seems we need each other for some rational in our lives and it most definitely isn't coming from extended family.(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I find this info about your dad's family fascinating.  Maybe that is where your sense of humor comes from.  I have always thought the Irish were extra funny people but tend to be bad drunks, and are literary.  I wanted to be Irish rather than Scotch.  I did not think my great grandmother sounded one bit Irish which she was supposed to be.  She was a dour lady who wore the same hat to church for years.  I found out later she and miy great grandfather were both Scotch! I would like to know more about your grandma who bore all these children.  Those were the days!  Gerry

Anonymous said...

My Deepest Condolences with the loss of your father Kelli.
You are in my thoughts.
and yes I want to adopt Amber.:)
natalie

Anonymous said...

It would be good!I would love to send her a card
nat