Tuesday, May 27, 2008

what a weekend

This weekend was mostly productive. It was nice and cool here, so I was not working in the heat, which is always a good thing!

We got a lot of stuff moved. So now on Friday we will only have the big stuff left to move! Yes! I am so excited to have almost all of my part of the move done.

Rusty and I had to go to the other side of lake for something, so I asked Rusty to help me load the truck. Now I thought this would be an easy request. All Rusty could find to load were fishing poles!

Fishing poles? Why do we even own fishing poles? I hate to fish and Rusty does not know how to fish. So why do we have fishing poles? Oh the question hurts my brain.

Rusty and I went to the cemetery on Sunday. I am so proud of Rusty for going. The cemetery was very beautiful.

Today I need to go down to the school district and change our addy so Ryan's busing can continue. I thin that is last of the paper work that I have left to do.

Yesterday we were all sitting around watching t.v. and eating dinner when Amber says " Mom can I go to sturgis the first week of August?"

No she may not ride from the so cal to sturgis! I want to do that! I told Amber that if she wants to go she should go for it. So if Amber can get the time of work she will heading out to sturgis!

Next week is the last week of school for the girls. The seniors get out of school about a week before everyone else. Nikki is taking her exams early, because she leaves next Saturday to start her summer adventure.

I am not sure when Ryan gets out of school. I know that Ryan will be going to summer school but that is only two weeks long. I really need to find something for Ryan to do this summer.

Nothing is getting done by me sitting here. I guess I should go get into he shower and get my ass moving. Life and time are marching on.

 

 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are one cool mom, Kelli, can I be you when I grow up?? I stand in awe of you for telling Amber it was okay to go to Sturgis in August!! It is indeed a wild bunch, bands of bikes would ride through Yellowstone and sometimes Billings in their way to Sturgis; we went to South Dakota a week after Sturgis and you could still see the effects of Sturgis (people's make-do shops, things like that). She'll have fun; who is she going with?

It was a good weekend to move!! I'm glad you got a lot done and that the end is in sight for you!!

betty

Anonymous said...

As in South Dakota?  Oh my.
Good for you for getting most of the stuff moved.  That helps I'm sure!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh that's scary.  I hope she knows what she's getting into.  I've heard first hand stories about what goes on at Sturgis when the bikers come & it's not always pretty.  I used to work at a medical clinic & one of the doctor's used to go there every year.  He had been in the Navy & had been "around the block" a few times (if you know what I mean) and Sturgis became too rough for him about 6 years ago.  Anyway, maybe she'll change her mind between now & August.  And if she does go...we'll all pray for her safety.  Sounds like your move is almost complete...  Linda in Washington state

Anonymous said...

We havent been to "BIG" Sturgis, but we always go to little sturgis. It is great and lots of fun.
Hugs
Carrie

Anonymous said...

We have a fishing pole and some fishing tackle and we don't fish either. Why do we clutter our life with things like that? Paula

Anonymous said...

9HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))Have a nice week ahead.

Anonymous said...

As you know, Sturgis isn't just spring break.  A lot of drunken drugged up bikers.  Bad Bikers.  Think Mad Max or the guy from Raising Arizona.  This is a scary prospect to me.  I'd think they'd take one look at her and say, Oh boy.  Fresh meat.  
Glad you're finished moving.  What a job.  I hate to fish.  Don't even own them.
I'm so glad you went to the cemetary.  I didn't get to go this time as it was too far and gas prices too you know?  Hope you finish the school papers sooon.  I'll be glad for you when everything's all settled in.

Hugs,

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/Prayingandbelieving/

Anonymous said...

I've found that fishing poles are just for decoration around here too.  They keep my husband's hope alive.

Anonymous said...

Moving. Moving.  Oh, groan, how many times did I move?  Many many times, but I don't think I was near as funny as you are while I was doing it.  I am proud of Rusty for going to the cemetary, too.  It's not a man thing, it seems.  Gerry

Anonymous said...

did you think of something for him to do?
nat