Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Good news I guess

Well we got the house in the ghetto.  I should be glad because I now have a place to live. Man I really wanted the house that is only five blocks away. Oh well.

I have been asking Rusty what furniture he wants to get rid of. I have to get rid of the kitchen table and the bar stools. They will not fit in the new kitchen. I still have furniture that is being stored in the garage. I want to get rid on it, but Rusty has not said what he wants to do with it.

I am not sure what my family is going to eat at. I am keeping the big formal dinning room table, but I don't allow anyone to eat at it. I hate cleaning it. The table has a glass top, but somehow we still got mold under the glass. That was so much fun to get off. I guess everyone can just stand to eat.

When Rusty's mom died we got all of this "really nice furniture". I am not to happy with the furniture. It is not my style, It is big, and heavy. All of the marines seem to like it. So they other night I told Rusty that when he dies I am giving the marines 48 hours to get here. Once they are here they can fight over all the furniture and I don't care who gets what as long as I will never have to move it again.

Rusty just laughed and told me that I can't get rid of the table because Rusty's dad willed it to me. GRRRR he is right there.

So today I need to make arrangements to go clean the walls. Once the walls are cleaned then the carpet person can come in. Once all of that is done I can start moving our stuff in. Notice I said I. Rusty is gone for the next two weeks, so .....

I think this crap is moving into my chest. Oh well I will deal with it if it does. I did however sleep good last night.

I found out last night that Nikki's ex boyfriends mother is up to her games again. Great. Now I have to deal with her again.

Amber told me yesterday that she thinks she passed the exit exam since she cheated on it this time. Whatever.

Rusty and I have decided that Nikki is going to get the other master bedroom.The house we are moving into has two master bedrooms. Anyway, the other master bedroom is up stairs and Rusty and I do not want to climb those stairs. We also feel that Nikki has earned it.

Amber thinks she should get it just because she is older. Whatever.

For all the women out there who like me have been abused by a man..... well here is our song!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww Kelli, good luck with your move, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww Kelli, good luck with your move, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Moving is so much fun~NOT.  I've lived in this mobile for 6-1/2 years & still don't feel settles as I do not have enough storage for my stuff.  And I've whittled it down as far as I can.  But if I were there I'd be happy to help.  And I have all these boxes...Linda in western Washington

Anonymous said...

card table and chairs; great for meals and easy to move; sorry you didn't get the house you wanted; let me know if I can help out in any way with your move especially since you'll be doing it without Rusty around

wow, Amber is cutting it close about the exit exam; I think it is a stupid test to take in the first place; my son had a friend with a 4.3 GPA but had test anxiety with that test and failed in multiple times, finally passed it his last go around

betty

Anonymous said...

I haven't found a dining room table I like yet. It's like hell froze over trying to find something that is made to have leaves so you can extend it. I'm beginning to think the idea of dining room tables went out the door with family dinners. I have until Nov. to find something. I have Doc's entire side of the family all coming for the Christmas Family Reunion get together...Ugh...The idea of having everyone stand sounds perfect!

Loved the Miranda Lambert Video...I can think of quite a few guys I could of used a shotgun on. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Ugh....sorry you have to move again...I so hate moving....when we moved from Chicago to KY...my hubby was down here already, so that gave me ample opportunity to say...we don't need that, this, that, this....somethings were missed (by him), but I would say "well it was in the truck" hehe...isn't that awful....

I have never had to replace anything so it couldn't have been that important.

You ought to just tell that lady off!!!!

Michele

Anonymous said...

Make the decision to let go of what you can't use.  Pay it forward, give it away, Freecycle it, Craig's List it, whatever.  Rusty will not notice as he's so busy.  You're decisions will be accepted as Chief Executive Officer of the house.  Let go of what you don't need.  There is someone else who's needing it and not able to afford it, hoping and praying for a break, and like me back in the day, would be truly greatful for it.

Amber has too much of an entitlement attitude going on.  She needs to 'earn' some respect instead of demanding it.  It's funny how that you can have several children and all of them are so vastly different.  (I'm a mom to four so I know)  The GENE pool is like roulette.  You never know what you're going to get.

Loving the graphic today! THat's one of my very favorite sayings.

NELISHIA
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/Prayingandbelieving/