Wednesday, July 5, 2006

busy

All of the marines got up and headed back to base. They had to go get hair cut's before going back to work! LOL

I am so glad that I got to know all of those marines. Life is funny sometimes, if you think about all the people that come and go from your life. Have you ever really thought about how you meet people? I am telling you, it is strange!

Anyway, Rusty and I went out this morning and got all the last minute stuff for the girls. They are officially packed and ready to go.

I hope that the girls have a great time. I also hope that they will come back with a new sense of the world around them. I also hope that they touch so many people's live and they leave good memories for the people they are going to be helping.

I do know one thing for sure. The girls will never be the same. I know that they cannot go on a trip like this and not come back changed.

I was laughing with the girls and said well at least your paper on what you did over your summer vacation wont be boring! LOL

I however am having mixed feelings about the trip. I am not scared for the girls. The girls could get killed here as well as in Nicaragua. I feel sad because I am not going.

Let me explain something. Rusty has this one huge wall in the house with all of his awards and pictures from around the world. The girls are going to be joining Rusty in world travels. The girls will also be joining Rusty in the area of making a difference in the world.

I don't think I have made this world a better place. I KNOW that Rusty and the girls have. That is a hard pill to swallow.

Enough of the pouting and the pity party.

I am very proud of my girls. They are going to do what most children their age will never be able to do. Travel the world and make a difference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you must be so proud of your girls, I hope they have a good time in Nicaragua.............Jules xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/