Tuesday, July 25, 2006

what should I do first?

I actually have to leave the house and do some stuff today! LOL It has been so blazing hot here that I have not wanted to go do anything.

A lady called me yesterday in response to an ad I had placed. I was asking any glass bottles or can's that I could recycle, so that I could put that money twords the next mission trip. Anyway, a lady called me yesterday and she has two big bags of glass and cans, so I need to go pick them up. Every little bit helps.

Last night I bought the rest of the material that I needed to finish yet another quilt. I swear I make quilts in spurts. I have gone for months with out making one and then I end up making a ton of them in a short period of time.?

I got a call from one of the marines that comes here every weekend. ( he is home visiting family before he leaves for Iraq) Anyway this marine gave his mom the service flag that I made and she did not know what it was. So he made his mom look up the history of the service flag, Then his mom got on the phone with me. She was just so thankful that we have taken in her son, and that I would think to make her a service flag. I never really look at taking in people as a big deal. I just think that if my child was far away from home that I would want someone to do the same for them.

I need to go get the laundry started and then go do my running around.

 

No comments: