Sunday, July 30, 2006

colling down

I must say that I am enjoying the cooler weather here.  It is really nice to be able to sit out side and not be burning up!

There really has not been to much going on this weekend. Everyone has just kinda hung out and done nothing. It was a lazy weekend for everyone.

I have started working on a new puzzle and this one is going to be tuff, but that is o.k. because at least it will keep me busy.

I talked to my mom this weekend and my dad is not doing good. He stopped eating a few weeks ago and is down to 120 pounds. His memory is starting to go and he is on oxygen full time. I asked my mom how she was holding up and she just started crying.

I can't imagine what it must be like for her to watch the love of her life die. I wish I could do more, but I can't.

I must say that I do not regret living so far from them. I am sure that if I lived closer I could help with some little things.

It is hard to just go on with life and in the back of my mind I know that the next time my mom calls it will be to tell me to come home.

Enough on the sad stuff. I am going to go have dinner with Rusty and then we are going to go pick a friend up from the airport.

No comments: