Sunday, March 11, 2007

yesterday was awesome

Yesterday was so great and I just know that the next few days will be just as awesome. Yesterday I got nothing done that I had planned on doing!

Kevin called and said that he some people were coming up and wanted to know if we wanted to go to a car show. So we loaded up the children and headed off to the car show. It was such a nice day, and I enjoyed walking around in the sun.

I took Amber around to drop off flyers and she got so much stuff for her yard sale! So in two weekends she will be having another yard sale. I am so proud of my children for getting out there and doing the work.

Then last night us adults went down to the vfw for a fish fry. I saw a lot of people that I had not seen in a while and it was good to see them. Kevin was talking with a guy and this guy was asking Kevin about his service in Iraq. Then the guy sticks his hand and shakes Kevins hand and says "thank you for your service to our country". Kevin said that it was a very strange moment for him, because he never knows what to say when someone does say thank you.

Later on that night I told Kevin the guy that said thank you knows the price of freedom. His grandson was killed in Iraq.

We shot some pool last night, and I have not done that in a very long time, so that was fun. I do not shoot pool very well, but I do have fun with it.

Oh! I got a new shower curtain for the children's bathroom yesterday. It is white with some pink flowers on it. Nikki comes out and says " our bathroom is like crapping in a large marshmallow, everything in there is white!" I just had to laugh.

Kevin and Amber are at the store buying stuff for breakfast. I am just glad that I am not cooking breakfast, but I sure will enjoy eating it.

I am going to chill out today, and maybe start getting ready for everyone to come home tomorrow.

I know that today is going to be just as awesome yesterday!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your just so happy it even makes me smile.  ;)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

Kelli, glad you are enjoying the weekend, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

It really sounds like you really had a great day! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTYOU)))))))))))))))It must be a spring fever thing,everyone is having a good day today,even thoe my hours at work suck,but,I am glad to be sharing this sunshine,it is beatiful out and my neice wants to bring out the pool?lol.Have a nice one.

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend!
Leona

http://journals.aol.com/leonaoflaherty/leonas-daily-notes

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great weekend!
Lori
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/DustyPages

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun!
love,nat