Wednesday, May 9, 2007

good morning everyone.

So last night I went to the store to buy some stuff. The first thing on my list was coffee. I think Coffee is the key to me having a good day!

So far this morning I have done two loads of laundry, got the kittens up and fed, checked all my e mails, got the kitchen cleaned, and I am actually dressed before 9 a.m.!

So Amber comes home with a stack of papers that need to be filled out. They were from Ambers work. Now Amber is still working at this little pizza joint that maybe has 8 employees. In this stack of papers were one for homeland security!

I am not sure if I should laugh or be shocked. This is the first time I have ever seen these papers. Is this a sign of the times? A 16 year old who works at local pizza joint has to be reported to homeland security?

I do have to do some running around this morning. Nikki made a cake for one of her teachers, so she asked me to take it up to her school. I have to go buy some new nipples for the kittens bottles. They have managed to chew through there old ones! I swear they are worse then babies someday.

Last night I pulled out this skirt that I made last year. I really like this skirt, so I think I am going to go look and see if I still have the pattern. I just love wearing skirt in the summer. They are so cool.

My boss called me last night and asked me if I was ready to get slammed with some work. So I guess by the end of the week I will be working. I do not mind that much, the extra money will be nice.

O.K. it is time for me to go get my hair done and do my running around before it gets to hot. Can you believe that we have hit triple digits this week!

Oh yesterday I kept seeing smoke like something was on fire. Well I was right. I got up this morning to find out that L.A. is on fire. It does not surprise me, but I am glad that it is not close to us. We have been so dry for so long, and we live near a national forest, so the mountain would go up quick.

I do hope that everyone has a great day!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelli, sounds like a busy morning, I hope the firefighters are able to contain those fires in LA, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

And a good morning to you. Our digits aren't so high yet but the humidity kills us. For once we don't have anything we have to do and it feels so strange to just relax. Yes the sign of the times is scary. I guess we have to laugh to keep from crying. My grandson goes for a job interwiew today. His first ever job besides mowing grass. I hope he has good luck. Paula

Anonymous said...

Don't get me started on Homeland Security!  We are making our 16 year olds fill out paper work but we aren't putting an end to the stream of illegals coming across our borders???@!!  Grrr.
Traci
I'll have a better day now that I got that off my chest!

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))I cant belive homeland saftey for work?Or did Miss understtod something.I know we want to kee our kids safe,but,what about our whle entire world?What are they doing about that?Keeping our colleges safe.But I do know that our kids should be safe.I dont have kids,but,I would want to keep my neices and nephews safe.Hope this didnt confuse you.Have a ncie day,its ncie out.They lied,said it was going to rain.LOL.

http://journals.aol.com/hugsdoodlewacky/Mandy

Anonymous said...

Glad you got coffee! :o) Wow...homeland security paper work! That is the sign of times! :::shivers:::
Lisa

Anonymous said...

it must be so rewarding to look after those kittens, how are earth are you going to let them go when they are old enough. I am glad you managed to get so organised and have coffee so early today. I am still in my pjs at 10am, lol..........Jules xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

Oh Lord, I do remember California worries, mud slides, fire storms, and earth quakes.  Our biggest worry here is forest fire, too, with an ongoing drought.  I also like skirts in the summer in 110 degree heat.  We expect to hit double digits this weekend.  Gerry

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just pizza joints for homeland security clearance?
There was a big buzz over Opsec supposedly being violated by the increase in ordering of pizza's on military bases when a unit was getting ready to deploy.
Who knew?

Kathi

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys steer clear of any fires Kelli!
Oh and I am surprised too about Homeland Security papers at a pizza parlour!hugs,nat