Monday, June 18, 2007

Love the marines

While we were gone this weekend the marines and the children made a flower bed for me.

A few weeks ago George and I were sitting on the porch swing and I told her that I had always wanted a rose garden. So this weekend everyone made me a rose garden. I was just so thrilled that they took the time to do this for me. I have such awesome children!

I do have a lot of little things that I need to get done today. Just the usual Monday stuff, nothing to exciting.

I am going to break down and go chop down all of the "weeds" before the city comes back to inspect. I do hope that they were an eye sore for the lady that reported us.

A friend gave me some bulbs so I am going to try to get them planted, but we have been having record breaking heat so I am not sure.

I got a call over the weekend and Nikki and her team arrived and they were all doing good. I should not hear anything else until the arrive back here in the states.

Our friends that live in Iowa called yesterday and they want Amber to come out for a few weeks. Amber is thinking about going out there. Amber is still working at the same little pizza joint and they have really cut her hours, so she is not making that much money. Amber so wants a new job. We are going to have to sit down and talk about all of this. OH Amber made $200 at her yard sale this weekend! I am so proud of her for doing it with out me pushing her. We figured it up and she will need to make $244 a month so that she can pay for her trip.

One of the kittens that I was doing foster care for is back. The kittens were still to young to get fixed so we brought Fluffy back here so that he could grow a little bit more. The other kitten is in foster care with the lady that is going to adopt her. I am just so happy that they survived.

Well enough about my boring life. It is time for me to get moving. If it gets to hot today I think I am going to go to the lake and worship the sun god.

 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boring life?!  Are you serious?!  Your kids are always up to something.  You have marines making flower beds for you.  You are caring for kittens and kids and the stray marines.  Doesn't sound boring to me!  
Just remember that Marshalltown is a really small town.  Not much to do there.  They do have a nice water park though.  That "not much to do there" could be a good thing!  Good for her for earning $200 at her yard sale!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Your new flower bed looks very nice and that was so sweet of your kids and the marines to do that for you. Sounds as if you are much loved. Paula

Anonymous said...

How BEAUTIFUL:) and what a lovely thing for them to do!
Kathi

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))You are not boring,no way.You have a very intresting life and I always love to hear about it.Have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet of them to make you a flower bed! ;o) Wow...Amber did great on her sale! Thats more then I can do! lol :o) And by all means, you do not have a boring life! lol :o)~
Lisa

Anonymous said...

How nice and special of them to make you a rose garden!  
Lori

Anonymous said...

how nice that you now have a rose garden, very sweet of the kids. Happy that the kittens made it.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww that is nice about the flower bed, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Awww... I'd love a rose garden too. They are such beautiful flowers. That was really nice of them to do that for you. What a surprise.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Dear Kelli
wow what awesome kids you have ! really! a flower garden! sheesh!Congrats to Nikki for all of her team's success!
how cool!
umm Amber did finally get her money for the trip right? will she still want to go to Ohio?
love,nat

umm I am glad