Tuesday, June 12, 2007

school of hard knocks

 Mind games are great. The only sad thing is... well my children have not learned how to play them yet.

Nikki has been giving me attitude all day. The sad thing is she is up at Disney! So yes I am getting attitude over the phone. We started argue about what time she needs to be home. Nikki still needs to clean her room and pack for her trip. Then it hit me. I am arguing with a 15 year old! I very calmly said " Nikki you are so good at running your life. I think that you should do whatever you want to do. If your room is not cleaned when you leave then I will just throw everything away. So anything that is not in your dresser or on a hanger will be thrown away. I hope you have a great time at Disney"

Then I get a call from Nikki's teacher. She was late getting to the bus to leave disney. So her and a group of kids are going to be suspended for 5 days at the start of the next school year. I told the teacher who by the way is a former marine. Anyway I told the teacher to pull the bus over and kick the shit out of Nikki. He said that he could not do that, I told him that I gave him my permission.

First thing in the morning I am going to go down to Nikki's school and make sure that her suspension sticks. I am hoping for an in school suspension, but if it is not then Rusty said that Nikki would be going to work with him. Nikki will get the great pleasure of spending the first week of high school on suspension. Oh that is right. My give a damn button is broken.

Rusty and I have also decided that she will be getting a job when she gets back from her grandmothers. That will put a damper on her social life and give her an attitude adjustment.

I guess every teenager needs to get a degree from the school ofhard knocks.

I asked Rusty if his dad played game or just beat his ass. He just said yes. My parents did both.

Other then that today went very well. So I think I am going to go have angry sex with Rusty.

Oh Nikki is the one in red.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww Kelli, it can hard with teens but I think you are a great mom, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Raising teens make you understand sometimes what those people were thinking when they beat their kids. Girls are the worst or in my opinion anyway.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful girls and I can feel your frustration. Its hard but it will pass. You are doing the best you can. Paula

Anonymous said...

Hang on in there, teens are sent to try us! Louise xx

Anonymous said...

You're still doing GREAT as a Mom!  I think what you told Nikki about her room is priceless!  I did that a lot when the kids were smaller concerning the bazillion small toys around the house.

Anonymous said...

Well, at least it wasn't just you!  She was trying to drive everyone nuts!  Like it has been said, this too shall pass.  She will be less likely to pull this stuff when she gets some consequences.  I hated being a teen.  It's like you can't help yourself, you have to be bad.  LOL
Traci

Anonymous said...

She looks beautiful! :o) Thats how I learned...both wyas too!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wow!  I'll have to remember that one.  I'm assuming she DID clean her room??
Lori

Anonymous said...

Nikki is  beautiful... she will drive some poor man crazy one day. Until then she will drive you crazy. God may have given me a full plate of troubles but at least He didn't give me daughters. For that, I am truly grateful!
Hope the angry sex was good for you. I vaguely remember sex. I'm hoping to have some good marital sex soon. *giggle*
*hugs*
heather

Anonymous said...

((((((((((hUGSToyou))))))))))))))))))))))))))))To much info on the last line.LOL.Angry sex?LOL.I hope that this summer Nikki will learn some lessons and grow up some.You are a good Mom.I hope you relax and have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

Nikki is a cutie!!

Anonymous said...

Well, she is a very pretty girl.  Maybe that makes her feel she has the right to a little attitude, but it's scary when they get attitudes that young, because it can get them in trouble in a lot of ways. Hope everything calms down here. It sounds like you were hit with a little shock wave by this. Good thing you have a man to take it out on.  Gerry