Sunday, May 7, 2006

another day

   So yesterday on my way home from work I heard a song that reminded me of my father. I so wanted to call Rusty and talk to him, But he was in bed.

So this morning, I told him that I wanted to talk to him last night, but that I did not want to wake. Rusty asked what was going on.

I told him that a few things hit me last night. One of them was the fact that my father will never see the girls get married. My father will never hold his first great grand child.

Poor Rusty just looked at me and then gave me a hug and he started crying. He said that he knew just how I felt!

I am so consumed in my own self pity that I did not think that Rusty might still be hurting. How shallow of me.

I now know that Rusty is wrong. Knowing someone is going to die is not that easy, because it gives you time to think. I will be happy to see my father, but I know that it will also break my heart.

I am going to go to bed and get some sleep. I have another long day tomorrow.

No comments: