Monday, May 22, 2006

pay back

We have a great group of friends. For me to even say that is an understatement! Anyway Our friends Ray and Sonja called today to see what Amber wanted for her birthday. I suggested the normal stuff such as clothes and shoes. She will be 16 after all.

Oh NO Ray and Sonja would like to get Amber a to go phone! That's right they want to buy Amber a cell phone. I told them to go a  head and do it.

Rusty just looked at me and told that this pay back for all of the things I have done to his children. "Mrs. Kelli can we have your quilts? Mrs. Kelli can we eat ice cream for dinner? Mrs. Kelli can we..." I always give in because they are not MY children. So I guess this is payback for spoiling their children. That's o.k.

Tonight we are going out to dinner with some friends. I am starting to like being able to go out and have a nice dinner with adult friends. No more of cutting up someone elses food or cleaning up a mess.

I talked to my mother yesterday and she is not holding up good. My mom just broke down crying. I wish I could take some of the stress of of her.

When I see my sister again I am going to give her a piece of my mind. I found out that my sister is not helping my mom at all. So yesterday my mom had to mow the yard, and clean the rain gutters. Rusty and I are so mad! What the hell? My sister can drop her child off, but not help mom wash the dishes?

Rusty and I are talking about paying someone to go clean her house and to cut her grass.

I am just so happy that they will be here in just a few weeks.

I need to get some sewing done, so I hope everyone has a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelli, you know what else is a cool thing to do?  Find out your mom's account numbers to her utility bills and make payments to them anonymously.  It's a sweet surprise.  I did it for my Grandma a few times and she was always so excited that her AC bill was so low, and that she could run her air conditioner in the summer.  She never knew we paid it.
Love ya,
Renee

Anonymous said...

I am sure Amber will love the cell phone........Jules xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/