Sunday, May 28, 2006

busy few days

Well lets see. Yesterday was such a long day for us! The yard sale went great and the youth group made almost $700!

Amber and I had to leave the yard sale a few times to go do our duties. I got to carry the Marine Corps flag and Amber carried the Navy flag. The we rode around the lake with huge American flags.

I must admit that we pissed a few people off because we always had someone blocking the roads so that we could all stay together. Not to mention that all of those bikes make a lot of noise!

it was a lot of fun and I am so glad that I went and did it.

One of our friends mentioned today that his dad is a morticians! I think that is cool. I so want to go see how they embalm a body. Our friend said he has actually gotten paid to dress dead people! I so want to try it! Something else new for me to try.

Today I just tried to clean but I did not get that far. I decided that spending time with my friends was more important.

I told Rusty that I was going to go put flowers out on his parents grave, and I asked him if he wanted to go with me. I was very shocked when he said that he did want to go. It was very hard for Rusty. This was the first time he has seen his parents grave since they died. Rusty just knelt down, brushed some grass from the stone and started placing the flowers.

Next year I am going to buy some more flags and place them on the graves of all the people in same row as Rusty's parents.

There were a few groups out there that did adopt a section, and they placed flags and those graves. It looked so nice to see all of those flags waving in the wind.

I am going to go do nothing for the rest of the night.

      

No comments: