Saturday, February 3, 2007

outside work

The sun is shining and it is starting to warm up! I think I am going to go outside and do some yard work. Maybe being out in the sun will make me feel a lot better.

The frost did a number on my flowers. I am going to go cut them back and I am praying that they will come back! I buy flowers and plants that a native to California and that are drought resistant. This way I do not have to replace them every year, But this may be the year that I will have to break down and buy some new ones.

Nikki was suppose to call me at ten p.m. last night and let me know that she got home from the mall and made it to her friends house. She never called. I am not worried, but I am upset. So she will be grounded for a while. Amber has already gone through this and she keeps telling Nikki if you would just be honest and do what they say your life would be so much easier. But Nikki has not figured that out yet.

I went to a few yard sales this morning. I did not find great buys, but I did find a coffee pot so my husband is now happy. Our old one broke about three weeks ago and I have been using a stove top percolator and Rusty just hates that!

I did not learn to be thrifty from anyone really. My dad was cheap but only when it came to him. I learned out of necessity, and have never given it up. When your back is against the wall you just learn how to get by.

Another cheap idea: use old toothbrushes to scrub with. I use them to scrub our clothes after they have been pre treated, floors, and even toilets.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelli, sorry Nikki did'nt call you, glad you found a coffeepot, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sometimes that is the hardest lesson learned. Hopefully Nikki will figure it out soon!!
Carrie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it's old toothbrushes you use to brush the toilets... ;-)
Have a good Sunday
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I never sleep or rest at the heart, till my oldest grandson is in...I know the feeling well.  Hope Nikki calls you the next time.  Great ideas with old toothbrushes, hugs and have a great Sunday.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

awww yes kids, lol. I'm always dealing with Becky. Hopefully your flowers will come back.

Anonymous said...

yep, old toothbrushes,that'll work duh, work hard!minerva

Anonymous said...

Dear Kelli, hugs!
Do you know how tog et the dogs to let you brush their teeth/
nat