Saturday, December 30, 2006

good day

Some friends that we have not seen in a while called and asked Rusty if he help roof part of the their house. Well duh  just tell us when!

So I spent yesterday going through all of my scraps of material and I made a bunch of pet quilts to take with me. The lady works at a vets office and they just love the blankets. So I thought well I am going anyway, so I better get sewing.

We sung by and picked up Nikkis boyfriend and he helped the guys roof. While I got to catch up with her and play with the baby. Well o.k. the baby is 19 months, still a baby to me.

I had such a great time with the baby. We let mommy take a shower by herself, while I got the baby dressed. Then we headed out to watch the guys work. That lasted for about 30 seconds, so we had to go see the horses and the goats. Then it was back up to the house to let her feed the dogs.

We both needed a drink after that, so in we go to get something to drink. Oh wait I forgot the have no attention span, so we were off to play with the block and the new animal game that she got.

By the time mommy got out of the tub we had put in a full day! LOL We all went to the store and I had to get some Starbuck. I got the baby this fruit thing. I am telling you she drank it so fast that she got a brain freeze!

After we got back to their place I just sat on the floor and played with the baby while we talked.

It is funny how sometimes life just gets so busy that you forget about the little things. Like sitting on floor and playing dolls.

Once the guys were done we headed out. I told my friend that we need to get together more often. Life is just having us move in different directions.

On the way home Nikkis boyfriend said " they seem like really nice people". We told him that they are, and if he is lucky one day he will have a handful of friends that he can count on.

I have started on one of my new years resolutions. I said earlier in the month that I was going to help sick and homeless animals. I have made some quilts that will go to the sick and homeless animals. I changed my side bar to educate people on the importance of having your animal fixed.

Tomorrow I will talk some more about my new years resolutions,for now, I am going to go soak in a nice hot bath!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelli, Awwwwwww how nice you made some quilts for homeless and sick animals, what a kind -hearted thing to do !!!!!!!!!!!! Happy New Year's to you !!!!!! Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to stop in and wave to you.  Anybody that cares for animals I think has a good heart.  Have fun making the blankets.  I've thought about doing something like that.  I have a heart for humanity though so my volunteer work will go exclusively to people.  But it takes all of us to touch everybody so let's both do some great things in '07.  I know you will.  I'm going to give it my best shot.

NELISHIA
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WISHINGANDHOPING/

Anonymous said...

You have a big heart to love Animals that aren't even your own. Happy New Year to you and your family.


In Christ,
Gabrielle

Anonymous said...

Kelli....You are such a giving person and I just love to hear about when you take care of animals! I'm an animal lover! :o) I love them all! :o) ( thats why I'm doing what I do for my new puppy because I can't not let him be neglegted) I think you know what I mean. Hugs to you :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Your list of things you want to do was inspiring.  You sound like a lady with a kind heart.  I remember looking out the window of the supermarket one morning and seeing a homeless guy in a wheel chair out there sleeping in November (still chilly at night in Phoenix) and he had this big beautiful comforter spread over him  I thought that looks like my sister's comforter  It was.  She saw the homeless guy the night before and happened to have this comforter in her car, so she gave it to him to keep him warm during the night.  He had just got out of the veteran's hospital.  I will never forget what a warm feeling I had about my sister.  
Gerry http://journals.aol.com/gehi6/daughters-of-the-shadow-men/  

Anonymous said...

Dear Kelli,
you and Rusty are so nice to your friends and family! Wow !
very impressive.:) thanks for inspiring me! Oh and nice to animals too!
hugs,natalie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun.  It is amazing how fun it is when we can just relax and "play" with a little one.  (I bet Mom enjoyed that nice bath, too.)  It's good to have friends you can count on, and good to be a friend that can be counted on.
Lori
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/DustyPages