Tuesday, December 19, 2006

two good days

The last two days have been filled with surprise and good news.

We got a package from someone that we have not heard from in a very long time. My former mother in law. I actually gave her a call. It seems that she left her husband and is now living on her own and doing just fine. With out going into a lot of details she even apologized for her sons behavior. We had a good conversation.

Today I took the children down to base to do some shopping. It was nice to drive down there. We all sang Christmas carols and just talked and laughed. We also met up with some friends for lunch and it was so nice to visit with them.

Rusty called me yesterday and he is having a blast in Virginia. I am so happy that he is having a good time and getting paid to do what he likes. Rusty also said that he found the birthday cards that we snuck into his bag! I guess I can still pull a fast one once in a while.

I will need to wrap a few gifts and make dinner. I think we are going to have bacon sandwiches.

For the lady who asked no I did not get the girls any hair ties.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelli, how nice you and your kids got to go shopping, mmmmmmmm bacon sandwiches sound yummy, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, bacon sandwiches sounds great!!! Im glad Rusty is getting paid to have a good time....LOL I havent actually sang Christmas songs in soooo long, How FUN!!
Hugs
Carrie

Anonymous said...

I am glad that things are going well and that you and the kids had a good time shopping. Glad too that Rusty is having a good time.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

sounds like some good days.

Anonymous said...

Dear Kelli,
Hi! What a sweet graphic!
I'm so glad that you had a great time with the girls!
You are such a wonderful mom and all! Iam totally impressed Kelli!
I hope that you get yuor wrapping and preparations done!Ihoep taht the weather is good! I am so glad that your husband found his cards. I am happy too that your Mother in law sent you a package. Do your kids listen to lime wire and all
love,natalie


Anonymous said...

oh Kelli. I love tea and I have two dogs and two birds! When my daughter comes later we will have a visiting puppy! how cool is that?!
hugs,natalie