Friday, January 5, 2007

feeling a little better

 I am so happy that we got some much need rain! It is so dry where we live! The girls and I hiked out to falls last spring and I we were shocked that there was no water in the falls. I am hoping that this year there will be some water there.

Anyway, I told my family that they sucked big time. I had bought myself some Jello and orange juice and they sucked it all down! What the heck? I bought it to help me feel better! LOL

Today I get the great pleasure of going to the dump and dumping wet carpeting! Now doesn't that sound like so much fun!? I am going to do some cleaning out in the garage before I go to the dump. I figure if I am going to go then I might as well take everything that I can.

I have do not really have anything else that I have to do today, so I may spend the rest of the day just chillin.

On Monday I am going to work with Rusty. He needs some help delivering some stuff, so I will be driving a friends truck down there, and helping Rusty make all of his deliveries. I have never actually worked with Rusty so this should be interesting. We generally work well together so I am expecting everything to be fine.

I know that I have shared this picture before. I just like to use it as a reminder. Beth brought the service men to my attention today. You should check out her entry.

http://journals.aol.com/bethjunebug/Bethjunebug/entries/2007/01/05/troops/809

I was asked yesterday who Kevin was. He is just a marine that has called our home his second home. We see so many young people come through our home. Some marine will ask another marine to come up and then that marine ends up staying!

We take in service men and women like some people take in puppy's! We give them a hot meal, I do their laundry, we let them know that they are loved and welcome here anytime.

Thank you Beth for reminding everyone to pray for these men and women. It does not matter how we feel about the war, these are people just doing a job. And for that I am thankful.

I am going to go get into a nice hot bath and start my day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that's great that you take in the service members.. i have been known to do that a time or two myself..one guy lived with us 2 years...LOL
have a great weekend..
L

Anonymous said...

God Bless You for your 'ministry' of hospitality to these soldiers.  I'll go and check out her journal too foor she is also a friend of mine.  I'll bet it came in on alert and I just haven't gotten there yet.  I'm making my way around to say hello to everybody.  Glad you're feeling better too.  You and Rusty will enjoy the day together I am sure.

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WISHINGANDHOPING/

Anonymous said...

Dear Kelli
First off I sm so glad that you are better! awesome!
Funny that they ate your jello! I can totlally relate about going to the dump wow
Hey Kelli you guys are awesome to take in those Marines! cool!
I'm so happy that you have rain!
That picture is so sad. Truly, I am so sad about some of our brave soldiers getting killed.
Love, natalie

Anonymous said...

What a blessing to be able to give back! I used to take in stray gay teenagers the same way... *giggle*... part and parcel of theatre work.

Hope you have a great weekend!
*hugs*
heather

Anonymous said...

You are really awesome! I mean it, you're the best! Too bad everyone isn't like you -- the world would be a much better place.
Hugs, Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing to do....  I'm sure that it means the world to those you help.  Great attitude!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Kelli, Awwwwwwww you are such an awesome person !!!!!!!!!! I am proud to call you my friend !!!!!!!!!! Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Just found your journal and what a great thing to do for other folk, I believe it`s all about putting something back just for being here and you certainly do that.
bella xx