Before I get to the question that I was asked yesterday I have to tell about my great finds!
I ended up going to wal crap yesterday and I got some awesome material! I was so excited that I found some dragon fly material. Not just one type of material, but two different types! I had to buy it to make myself some quilts. I know, I know I swore I was going to use up the old material before I started buying new stuff, but I just could not help my self.
Nikki is so excited because she found out some awesome news yesterday. Nikki will be able to go back to Nicaragua this year. She also found out that they are going to try to get a trip to Japan for next year. Nikki has want to get to Japan for such a long time. Also next year both of the girls will be heading to Peru with a medical team! They won't be doing any medical stuff, but they will be painting and stocking shelves, and playing with the children. Three cheers for Nikki!
I also found a juicer, but oranges were $1.50 a pound! So I still have not gotten my fresh squeezed o.j. The homemade mac and cheese was gross, so I am still on the hunt for a good homemade mac and cheese.
I got an e mail yesterday asking me how I felt out the war and about the Presidents planes to increase our numbers in the middle east. I had to take some time to really think about this and here it goes.
Here is what I KNOW:
1. this is still a volunteer service
2. going to war is part of being in the military
3. God HAS blessed America
4. I know that our troops are doing the best they can with what they have.
5. I know that our troops are just following orders
6. I know that we are part of the most powerful nation, and with that come responsibility.
7. I know that without our men and women in uniform we would not live in a free country today.
Here is what I feel:
1. I feel in my heart that I want everyone to come home.
2. I do not want to get any more calls from our friends saying that they are cold and are sleeping in trucks.
3. I do not want to hear about our friends being shot at. Thank God for body armor
4. I feel that we should have gone into Iraq with the greatest number of troops and just kicked the shit out of them and then allowed the troops to come home.
5. I feel that we should let the people of the middle east just fight it out. There has never been peace in the middle east and I don't think that there ever will be.
6. I feel that we are not the worlds band aid.
So as a former military wife and now the wife of a veteran, I am still confuse. I want to kick the shit out of war protesters, but I know that my husband fought for their freedom of speech. I know that one day soon, I will hold all of our friends and that until they come home I will continue to support them.
War is something that young men do and that old men talk about.