Tuesday, January 2, 2007

what should I do?

 I have a long list of things that need to be done today. I need to do laundry, clean the living room and clean our bedroom. Then there is the standard cleaning of the kitchen. I do not want to do any of these things.

I want to rip out the carpet in the other half of the house! Our vacuum broke yesterday and I am so sick of replacing them. Our carpet is gross from where we have spilled and the animals have barfed.

Last year I ripped the carpeting out in half of the house and now we are walking on the cement. That works for me. I would rather sweep and mop then look at disgusting carpet.

Rusty said that we will get hard wood floors put in this year. Until then our carpet is just gross and I want it gone!

Amber thinks that she is a big girl now since she has a bill to pay. I just laughed and told her that paying bills is no fun.

I stole someone's idea for making meat loaf. So last night the family was thrilled that I made a good meal for them. I made meat loaf, Spanish rice, peas, spiced pears and pudding, but they did not get to eat the pudding......... I ate it all! LOL

Anyway, I need to go take a pain pill, get dressed and start ripping out the carpet. The house hold chores can wait.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a big list of things to do.  Meatloaf and meal sounded great.  Hope you get those wood floors...you will love them. Hope you have a great evening...hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I can relate to the carpet part of it!  I need new carpet so bad, and now that I live alone, it would actually stay nice!  I don't spill.. and I'm very neat and clean.  My Chihuahua very seldom is ever barfs, and she doesn't potty in the house.  Hmm... I think I just talked myself into some new carpet.  Think I'll call 1800 Empire Carpets! lol

Jackie

Anonymous said...

What a list of things to do! Whew! After getting the puppy potty trained, we'll need to get all new carpet, thats for sure! It stinks in here! peeeuuuu! The meatloaf sounds good. :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Kelli, my carpets have seen better days as well, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm planning to rip up my carpet and we are putting down hard wood floors this year, too.  I wanted to go ahead and rip it up now, dealing with the concrete for a while, but the kids were appalled!  Guess it wouldn't look right, huh?  Best wishes with your project!
Lori
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/DustyPages

Anonymous said...

Dear Kelli, Gee I hope your headache or whatever is better!
hugs from natalie

Anonymous said...

I've never had spiced pears.  I've been threatening to make a meatloaf for sometime now.  But how does that fit in a diet? lol

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WISHINGANDHOPING/