Thursday, September 7, 2006

good day

So, I got up this morning a pretty good mood. I had a cup of tea and then had to get ready to start my day. After I put on my make up, I looked for the brightest color lip stick that I could find! Then I walked up to Rusty ( my hubby) I kissed him right on his chest. I left the brightest lips make ever! I told him that was so he would not forget me while I was gone!

The girls eye appointments went good. Both of the girls were disappointed that I would not buy them $200 frames. I just told them to go get a job so they could buy their own. That shut them up.

We had some time to kill before Amber had to go get her food handlers permit, so we went to this little thrift store. We got some really nice stuff! Nikki got a pair of jeans, two books and a pair of shoes. Amber got a skirt.  I got some very old pyrex, a skirt and this really cute dragon fly top! ( For those of you who do not know I collect very old kitchen stuff.) We also found an old steel Army cover and a dog dressed up in a military uniform. We put these two items up, and the girls are going to give him those for Christmas. I guess I should say that I only spent $40! I am still the queen of cheap!

Amber did get her food handlers permit, so she can now officially handle food!

I hope everyone had a great day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber got "his" food handler's certificate?  LOL!!  Yes, you are the queen of cheap.  But, I am a close runner-up!  A friend of mine moved out of her apartment in 7 days.  She handed ME the keys and said take whatever I wanted!  she only took what could fit into the back of a pickup and into a little Honda.  She wanted free of her clutter and moved away to start a new life in Olympia, Washington.  I gave what was needed to all that needed it.
Love ya,
Renee

Anonymous said...

good for Amber!!

seems like you had a great productive day; loved the idea of the lipstick :)

betty

Anonymous said...

I would have loved going with you.  I love Thrift Store shopping and come away with bargains galore. Every time.
Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WISHINGANDHOPING/

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love thrift stores! You got some good buys! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Great Amber got her food hygiene/handlers cert ,as we call it here in the UK love the lippy idea lol ,Ialso love thrift shops sounds as though you got some bargains too ,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I bet Amber was chuffed to get her food handlers licence and you sure did get some good bargains! Linda xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindachapmanuk/metamorphing

Anonymous said...

I am going to steal your lipstick-kiss-on-the-chest-so-you-think-of-me-today move!!
Lori