Wednesday, September 6, 2006

not real

So I got some stuff done around the house today. I chipped a nail so I went into Ambers room to look for a nail file.

I am searching her dresser, but no nail file, I look up and there on her mirror is a picture of my father. A picture of him sick and in the bed, wearing his oxygen. I just looked at it. It is still not real to me. The man I saw and helped take care, the man who weighted nothing and did not know me. That was not my dad. Still no tears yet.

Anyway tomorrow is going to be busy. I have to pick the girls up from school early and take them to the eye doctor. Then I have to take Amber to get her food handlers permit.

I hope everyone has a great evening.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it does take a while.  Just don't hold back when the tears do come.  {{{hugs}}}
Lori

Anonymous said...

I would imagine it will take awhile to sink in about your dad's passing. I know you were back visiting him a few weeks ago, but before then you were probably used to not seeing him a lot since you didn't live close by. Somewhere down the line something will probably trigger a memory that will bring the tears and the grieving, I would imagine. I have not experienced death intimately yet but my mom is 84 and my inlaws in their 80s too so I know its around the corner. I can't begin to understand the grieving process associated with it. I do know how it is to leave good friends and to grieve knowing you will still be friends, but never the type of friends like when you lived in the same town.

betty

Anonymous said...

As someone who worked with the elderly and have seen  death ,many times I have to say we all react differently ,,it will probably hit you over the most funny thing ,or not at all Life though does go on ,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

It's very understandable. Everyone reacts in different ways with this. You are such a strong woman. {{{{hugs to you}}}
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I just ran across your journal over at Lisa's Please Don't Take Life For Granted journal and just wanted to say 'hi' and lovin' it so far.  I like your kick butt attitude about life.  Very positive reading.
Nelishia in Atlanta
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WISHINGANDHOPING/

Anonymous said...

Ive caught up with you! I love your journal as well Linda xx