Monday, October 2, 2006

what?

Betty asked me to e mail her and let her know what happened top Rusty and Ryan. Well, I am going to throw it out there for the world.

If you look way back in my journal...7-17-05 you can read about Rusty's heart attack. At 37 years old my husband fell to the floor and had a heart attack. He flat lined twice at the hospital, blew out his left ear drum, and had a seizer.

Rusty now has a stent in his main attires, has total hearing loss in one ear and can not do as much as he use to.

This is a side affect of serving in the middle east. The veterans administration has declared him 100% disabled.

As for our son. There are many things wrong. First of all he has the genetic marker for noonans. Here are two links about noons. The first one will tell you about noons and our son has all but the chest problems. The second link is of pictures. No, these are not pictures of our son.

http://www.healthline.com/adamcontent/noonan-syndrome#definition

http://www.noonansyndrome.org/ourfamily.htm

We do not post many pictures of our son, because we have been ridiculed by people in the past. We have had people come right out and say what is wrong with your son. Our son was taken by social services because they thought we were starving him. We have had several visits by social services because teacher will take something he said the wrong way.

Just last year a social worker showed up at our door. I just told her to come back with a search warrant. They never did.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so appreciative you added those links because I'd never heard of this before.  I have to tell you I am aware how scary and how sad that makes me that someone would send social services to your door and even dare take your baby from you!! IGNORANCE!  And it's cruel to be punished for nothing!  Now I know what Noon Mom means. GBU, honey.  Be strong.  Your hubby has had a very hard time too and so young!  A great strong family you've ended up being! Glad to call you my friend.
Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WISHINGANDHOPING/

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have been reading your journal and it has been an eye opener for me.
You have been real throughout your journal and it has also encouraged me to be real  in mine.
I thought people would judge me if I were to put in the truth about my life..
but now I see through you..WHO CARES what people think..
So I decide to start a ne journal of my own pne where I will put all of troubles and things that I gone through without withholding anything.


Even though you have gone and still are going through some issues you seem to keep your head up and maybe you dont realize but you are an inspiration to may people including me...
I think that is the best thing about these journals because you read about other peoples lives and you see that you are not the only one going through and there are some people who might have worse off.

So with all that being said if I am going to leave a link to my journal hope i get it right not really sure how to do it...
http://journals.aol.com/mommylildevils/Same Shit Different Day/


Anonymous said...

I can't believe in this day and age people can be so ignorant!!  My son also has a rare genetic condition, Goldenhar syndrome, because of this his ear isn't formed, he has a "divit" in his right eye, the right side of his face isn't formed completely and he has a cleft pallet.  Most of these things are fixable cosmetically and no one knows what causes it, it's like a split in the DNA?  What has caused your sons noonans?

Amy

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing, and for educating us.  It is amazing that people in this day and age can still be so quick to judge on appearances.
Lori
http://beta.journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/DustyPages/

Anonymous said...

(((Kelli))), I can only imagine what you have been through. My husband has heart problems too and has some disabilites but I can't imagine having to go through what you did when he was only 37 years old! That's so scary!

I had never heard of Noonans before, thank you for being open, honest and feeling comfortable enough to tell us all about it. I can't even begin to imagine what you went through when your son was taken by social services! That had to be the the most horrible thing ever!

I don't even know what else to say except that I'm here to support you!
Martha  


Anonymous said...

WOW Kelli, thanks for sharing the links. As a nurse I have never heard of this so thanks for sharing this with us! You are such a strong person, you have been through so much and you just keep on truckin'. You are definately one to be admired!
bunches of thumbs up to you and your family
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Oh Kelli....I didn't know this. I did about Rusty. Thank you for the links, it will educate others so they can understand. You have so much on your plate. Hugs to you. {{{}}}
Lisa