Friday, November 24, 2006

good Thanksgiving day

Our Thanksgiving was so awesome! Some of our friends came over and we did NOTHING!

We all went down to the vfw for a free dinner. It was so nice. I did not have to cook or clean up. We were in and out in an hour. Rusty was asked if we would take dinner to a shut in. So we did. That was so sad. The guys wife met us at the door. she was so thankful that someone had brought them dinner. The gentlemen has cancer and she just had back surgery. It felt good to help them out.

One of our friends called us first thing in the morning and asked if they could borrow some stuff. We were happy to let them. I mentioned these people before, they had fallen on hard times and lost everything... anyway, they were just so happy to have their family together.

We got a big surprise yesterday. Amber came walking in with this very strapping young man. I almost fell over, but instead I got up and hugged him. The young man's name is Chris. He use to be one of our friends foster children. Chris had been bounced around from place to place and now that he is 18 he wants to live back out here. Chris is a good good, he just got a shitty deal.

one of our other friends called us and said that they were in town, so they came by. It was nice to see them.

Other then that we played some board games, ate food and just chilled.

Today I am going to try to put this house back together and maybe get some Christmas decorating done.

Rusty has a bad back and it has been bothering him a lot lately. So I got sick of hearing him complain so I made him an appointment with a "healer". Rusty is not happy, but I don't care. Everything that the doctors have done has done no good. Everyone we have talked to that has had back surgery says that it does not work, so we are not willing to try that. I do believe in healers and I do not trust doctors. I guess we are very different, but Rusty is coming to my side! LOL I will have to let you guys know how it turns out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you and your family and friends had a great Thanksgiving. Ours was great as well.
Hugs
Carrie

Anonymous said...

What a lovely day ,how nice of you to take the dinner to those people who cant get out ,and lots of other friends how lovely ,good luck with the faith healer ,let us know wont you ? love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a great Thanksgiving! I am thinking about pulling out the Christmas stuff too but have been enjoying doing nothing too much!
Martha :-)