Wednesday, November 8, 2006

sore and tired

  Well today was my first day as a day laborer. It went very well and the people I worked for were great. I however am sore and tired.

I do go out and buy a pair a steel toed shoes, so that should help my legs feel better.

I will never again think anything but good about legal day laborers. I worked with a couple today who is just trying to get by. The husband use to have a great job then he got laid off, and they are on the verge of loosing everything. So they are BOTH out there working as day laborers.

I have never looked down on people but this couple was doing what ever they had to do and for that they have my respect.

I just wish more people would get out there and do whatever it takes, instead of looking for hand outs.

So I will be working again tomorrow. I have no idea what I will be doing but I will go do it. Today I unloaded a semi full of furniture and then we had to put some of it together.

Who needs to work out I can just go to work!

I need to go get some sleep

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, you worked hard!!! I bet you are tired. Get a good nights sleep.
Hugs
Carrie

Anonymous said...

sO sorry you are still sore Ido admire you for working so hard ,try and get some rest ,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

congrats on the job hun,it sounds hard work but you come across as a gal whos definately not afraid of that,sorry i havent been about for a while,my aol is playing up badly again,all the best,and have a long hot soak in the bath,it helps,xxzoexx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/DomesticAbuse/

Anonymous said...

I admire your willingness to get out there and do whatever it takes.  Just be careful and don't hurt yourself.
Lori