Saturday, September 3, 2005

quilt day

I found out yesterday that the local tatoo shop is collecting stuff to truck to the gulf states. Ford and Chevy both donated the containers!

O.K. now this is awesome news for me. I have been wanting to give, but I did not know who in our are was doing anything. So I sat down today and made 6 baby quilts. The were not fancy by any means, but they were warm! Then I raided all of stashes of toys and off I went to donate! Then I was told that the containers were full! So they set up another collection point and were waiting on more containers to show up.

So I had to drive to the other side of the lake. When I got to the drop off  location I was shocked! Other people had brought in new toys, cribs, play pens, clothing, anything you could think of was there. It felt really good to help. I hope that 6 children will stay warm when they get wrapped up in one of the quilts that I made.

W went to the opening game for the new high school. Dateline did not show up because they are down in the gulf states, but man our team sucked! We lost 60 somthing to nothing! All of the kids thought it would be easy to beat a deaf team, boy were they wrong.

Well I am off to bed. today I am thankful for being able to help someone else, and the ability to sew straight lines.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DON'T WORRY, kelly/  I will be there tomorrow.   I just got in tonight.  I plan on spending the night tomorrow night and getting dipdtick.  Home was fun.  I'll tell you about it.  Good night/  good morning.  See you Sunday  afternoon/ evening.  Love you guys,  Elle

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelli,
    That was awesome of you to whip out the baby quilts.  I saw Jack from Ink Sanity Tattoo of Lake Elsinore on ABC news up here in Palmdale too.  He's the guy that put one of the tattoos on my back.  They are really cool people.
  -----Renee

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelli,
    That was awesome of you to whip out the baby quilts.  I saw Jack from Ink Sanity Tattoo of Lake Elsinore on ABC news up here in Palmdale too.  He's the guy that put one of the tattoos on my back.  They are really cool people.
  -----Renee