Sunday, October 2, 2005

I am back from the Queen mary!

I feel awesome! I really needed this weekend. I am recharged and ready to go.

The Queen Mary was awesome. I fell in love with the ship the second I saw it. When you walk onto this ship you are taken back to another time and place when life was so much more simple. Our room was so nice! It had the orignal "closets" and side table. The bath room had four water selections on the tub! Hot salt water, cold salt water, hot fresh water and cold fresh water. I was so looking looking foward to a hot salt water bath, But the only actual water on the ship is now fresh water. Thats o.k.

We walked through a lot of the ship and saw some of its many uses. I had no idea that it was used to move troops during wwII! If anyone ever gets the chance to tour the ship I would suggest that you do. There is also a Russian sub next to the Queen mary, but we did not tour it. Maybe next trip.

I am glad to be at home. There is always something nice about coming home. I did miss all of our critters, and yes I even missed the children.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is always nice to come home isn't it :o)
Glad you had such a lovely time, have to say, what a shame about the no hot salt water for the bath!  That would have been fab wouldn't it.  Loved the pics!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Kelli!!!  I love it.  My folks took my sister and I down there to tour the Queen Mary back in 1984.  Howard Hughes' Spruce Goose was parked in the dome next to it back then.  I want to spend the night on the Queen Mary too.  I'm glad you had such a great time.  You deserved it!!
------Renee