Sunday, July 3, 2005

homeschooling

I have at some point in my childrens life homeschooled them. Right now I am only homeschooling the youngest, our son.

I was reading some other journals and one of them was another homeschooling mom, who like me knows that the opportunity to learn is all around us, and that some of the best " class" are done with no help from a teacher or a parent.

Our youngest daughter just mentioned that next year they will be studying Rome. Rusty asked here when they are going to learn about some u.s.a. history. We were told that this will not happen until high school. what?  What is wrong with the system?

I know a lot that is wrong with the system, but for now our hands are tied on homeschooling the girls, so I guess we need to do some teaching over the summer. i will have to look for some places to go where they might actually learn something about this country!

Oh well I guess I need to get off my soap box and go clean the kitchen.

No comments: