Friday, July 1, 2005

good day

Well my girlfriend and I went shopping today. I actually found some clothes that fit and that looked on me! I even got some clothes to wear to death vally. Then it was off the big 5 sporting goods store. They had boy's sneakers on sale, so I bought Ryan a new pair for the fall. Well since I was there I went a head and picked me so new pair of fila's!

Then I get home and the children tell me that Ryan broke the strap on his sandles and that both of the girls new new sandles. So off to payless we go. Ryan has gone through 2 pairs of sandles so far and the summer is not even half over. So this time I just bought him so slip on's. I guess the strap wont break now. LOL Well payless did not have the size/style that one of the girls wanted so we went next door to wal mart.

Now I hate going to wal mart. I hate the people, the lines, and I always get the dumbest checker girl! Anyway, I went to the material section and I score big time! They finally had this one material in. the material has air craft all over it and it is just so cool looking. So I bought 4 yards of it and I am going to make Ryan and our friend Jason a quilt. Then I spotted some Marine Corps material. Rusty loved the material so much that he is going to use them as table coverings for Marine birthday ball.

Now I am sitting here waiting for the washer to finish so I can throw the stuff in the dryer before I go to bed. I must say that it was a good day! I loved being able to spend the day with my girlfriend. She works and we never seem to get anytime to just spend time with each other.

As I have grown and matured and have learned from my mistake's, I now know that a friend is rare. I do not give the title of friend out to just anyone and actually I can count all of my friends on one hand. A few years ago I saw a saying that said "A friend is someone who walks in when the rest of the walks out". This is so true. I have discovered that a friend does not have to say anything to you, all they have to do is just sit and hold your hand. Friends are very rare.

well I should go switch the laundry around and set the coffee pot so that I can get some sleep tonight. The girls have to be across town by 8 a.m! They are having a car wash fund raiser, so.... off to bed I go

No comments: