Thursday, July 21, 2005

wide awake

Well it is almost 6 a.m. and I am wide awake. I cant really do alot since the children are still sleeping.

I just talked to Rusty and he is doing good! They finally got the thing out of his leg, but now he has a band on his leg. Rusty say's that he does not care about that, because at least now he can move around and sit up and do some stuff. The p.t. will be up sometime this morning, and they are going to get him up and walking! Also all of his i.v.'s will be out today. I think I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

Here is something a little strange that Rusty and I were talking about. I asked him if he could hear me when he was in the coma. He said no, but he does remember our friend James voice. I asked him how he knew that he had his own quilt. See, I brought up a quilt that I made for him and covered him up so that if he came out of the coma he would know that I had been there. Rusty fought with a nurse when she tried to take the quilt off of him! He said that he just knew that that was his quilt, even when he was in the coma. That is really strange! So I guess people in a coma do know a little bit about what is going on around them.

well, I think I am going to go get into the shower, and then some more cleaning done around here. I am so looking foward to seeing Rusty today ( and everyday) But today is going to be a really good day!

No comments: