Monday, July 4, 2005

July 4th

Growing up my dad would tell the story about how his younger brother  hated the fourth of July. His brother served in Vietnam and his first fourth of July back in states was not good. Actually my uncle spent that night under a car bcause the fireworks were causing flashback. When I was younger I did not understand and now I see this same thing first hand.

Rusty does not do fireworks well. Last night some people were shooting some off and swore that it was gun fire. I can't tell you the last time that we watched fireworks as a family. So I am not sure what tonight is going to bring. Will he stay in side with all the doors and windows closed again? I guess I will have to wait and see.

If this happens to Rusty I wonder how many other vet's this is happening to?

Anyway, I am going to go get some coffee and hope that this fourth of July Rusty will able do enjoy the fire works,

 

No comments: