Monday, August 15, 2005

a semi good day

All in all today was good. Rusty and I argued about how I treat him. He says I treat him like a child, but I say that I am loving him and trying to keep him safe. I think we have just agreed to disagree.

Rusty did walk around the block today. I am so proud of him! I knew that it was going to be a long road back but at least we have started up the road.

For some reason I feel very stressed out today. I should not be and I hav even walked a lot today. Who knows.

Amber has to go register for school in the morning. I am really hoping for a better year this year. I am going to try to get more involved in the school, so that way she will know that I will be at the school. However I have also told her that if she fucks up like she did last year I will yank her out of school so fast that her head will spin. The sad thing is, is that I did it to her last year, so she knows that I will do it again.

Am I a mean mom because I want better for my daughter then ditching class, smoking and do lord only knows what else? I remember being a teenager and I did some really stupid stuff, but nothing like that. I want to know who forgot to give me the parenting handbook when Amber was born.

Anyway, I am off to get some sleep. Today I am thankful for all our children being home and being safe.

No comments: