Monday, August 1, 2005

busy day

Rusty and I have been on the run all day! We had to go see the vet rep and find out what papers we need to file with the government. That is going to be fun! NOT. Then we had to go to all three hospitals and request a copy of all of the medical records. Then Rusty had an appointment at the v.a. It has just been busy today.

On a good note we took a fruit tray, a vegi tray and some cookies up to the icu nurses. My mom works icu and she said that if we wanted to do something nice for them then we should feed them. So that is what we did! The nurses were so shocked... and hungry. The nurses were also glad to see that Rusty was doing good. On our way out the door we heard the nurses say that that was very sweet of us. So now we have to do the same thing for the night crew. It is the least we can do for the nurses and doctors that helped to save Rusty's life.

I have nothing that I have to do tomorrow. So I think that I am going to do some sewing and then just chill.

Oh. Rusty was told today that he would never work again. That did come as a blow to him, but I knew that was coming. I just did not want to say something and hurt him.

Here is something to laugh at.Twice today someone asked Rusty if I was his daughter. They were not kidding! Rusty did not think this was funny, but I did! LOL

I am thankful for another good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that you had another good day too, Kelli.  How thoughtful of you to bring snacks to the nurses.  You are the only one I know who would have thought of something so sweet.  You're one hell of a woman!
    ---Renee