Wednesday, April 18, 2007

bad news for the girls

I just got a phone call from my former mother in law. My former father in law passed away last night of a massive heart attack.

I do feel bad. I have nothing against the girls grandparents, but I just do not know what to say to the girls. I will have to tell them when they get home from school.

I did tell my former mother in law that I would NOT be sending the children out there, I am however going to send some flowers to the funeral home.

I have a lot to do today, and this afternoon I will have to break the news to the girls.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and the girls have my blessings and prayers. I'm so sorry.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

So sorry, I really hope the girls weren't close to the grandparents.  Maybe it won't hurt so much! prayers for you and strength too.  It is always hard to be the bearer of bad news!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your news, its always hard when someone dies unexpectedly. My own father died very suddenly and it was very difficult for my boys. Thinking of you  Louise xx

Anonymous said...

Kelli, I'm so sorry for you and the girls.  So many people are going through so much in their lives right now.  

Peace & Love ~ Diane

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)())))))))))))))I am so sorry for your loss,you will be in my prayers,I know it will be hard for you all.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry the girls lost their grandfather, and hope it won't be too hard on them.
Lori

Anonymous said...

Kelli, I am sorry to hear about your FIL, Hugs to you and the girls Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late to this party, but I'm sure I don't envy you having to tell your girls about their grandfather.  I hope it went ok.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the girls loss..i just love that picture...beautiful...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Dear Kelli,
My Deepest Condolences with the loss of the children's grandfather.
My thoughts are with you Kelli and the kids.
ps I hope that you guys had time to absorb the news..had he been ill for awhile? or was it sudden
natalie