Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Rusty is not laughing.

O.K. back to the bob cat issue. Rusty saw no humor in the fact that I made Amber chase a domesticated bob cat. When I asked him why he was not laughing, he asked me how I knew it was a domesticated bob cat and not a bob cat kitten that came down form the mountains?

Hmmm, I never really thought about it that way. However that did get me to thinking. Can I have a bob cat as a pet? Let's call Jake he will tell me.

So I call Jake. Jake is from Oregon and is family into hunting and trapping, I grew up in the city, so I called the expert.

Jake: hey momma what is going on?

Me: I want a bob cat

Jake: well I will get right on that.

Me: I had Amber chase down what I thought was a domesticated bob cat but she could not catch it. Rusty thinks it might have been a real bob cat kitten since they have been coming down out of the mountains. I want a bob cat.

Jake: Well if it was a real bob cat kitten then momma could have been hanging around.

Me: I want a bob cat.

Jake: then go get a trap, put a can of food in it and make sure you wear gloves when you take the trap out to set it up. You can domesticate a bob cat if you get it de clawed and spend a lot of time with it.

Me:  Well we do have vets here and lets face it I am a house rat, so spending time with it would not be a problem. Can't you just bring me one back? I have a cat carrier.

Jake: I will see what I can do.

Now Rusty is laying next me and just wishing that Jake would shut up. I however am happy that I now know how to trap a bob cat.

I went to take a bath and Nikki came in and asked me if Jake was going to get me a bob cat. Oh yes my children do not care what I am doing, they will talk to me at anytime.

Nikki: well if Jake gets us a bob cat we can get a big collar and walk it like we walk the dogs.

Me: that would be so cool! Can you imagine someone coming to the door and seeing Rascle, Butter and a bobcat sitting there. Hell no one will ever try to break into this house!

Nikki: Hey we can name it Bob the Cat. It would be so funny to have people come in and then Bob the Cat comes walking along.

Me: man that would be so funny.

Nikki: you know we would have to get something for Butter. After all he is scared of the a 3 pound cat.

Me: oh that's right. Well I am sure that make something for dogs that have anxiety.

Nikki: Oh you so need to get a bob cat.

I get out of the tub and Rusty still is not laughing. He does swear that we have lost our minds.

Anyway onto another subject. I swear some children are so lazy! Nikki and I went by the church to pick up some more phone books. It seems that some of the children that are going on the mission trip do not want to raise the funds. One girl said why should I work for it when my dad will pay for it all!

Then there is Anthony. His family does not have the money to pay for his trip so he working his tail off to try to raise the money. Anthony stopped by the church and picked up 30 boxes of phone books!

So Yesterday as we were passing out some of Nikki's phone books she said that she was not going to go get any more to pass out, because Anthony needs the money, and Nikki has gotten some sponsors. So I asked Nikki why she was not helping Anthony raise the money.

Nikki called Anthony last night and told him that she Monday afternoon and Monday evening free and that she would help him go pass out phone books and that he could keep all of the money.

Nikki well both of the girls are such caring people. I know that Nikki will be rewarded for doing the right thing.

Anyway I need top go get into the shower, and go do some shopping. My family wants to eat tonight.

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool that Nikki is going to help Anthony raise the money to go. Way to go Nikki.
I like the name Bob the cat.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

I think it would be cool to have a bob cat! :o) I'm for it! And it's so sweet that Nikki is so helping like her mother is. :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Nikki is a good girl isnt she. I am allergic to cats so I imagine I would be allergic to Bobcats...but here hoping you get what you want! Louise xx

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))You have some good girls,you are a good Mom.I hope you get that Bob cat,Bob the Cat.Lol.

Anonymous said...

You are raising some really, really good-hearted kids, lady.
(I may have to side with Rusty on the bob cat thing, though! lol)
Lori

Anonymous said...

I'll say it again....You're a good Mom.  Bob cat?......totally coooool

Anonymous said...

Kelli, you are an awesome mom !!!!!!!!!!! Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I always wanted a pet deer but of course it is against the law here. Hope you get your desired pet. Paula

Anonymous said...

Hi, A Bob cat would be so cool, hope you get you one, I would love to have one also, but don't think my other pets would. It sounds like you have a great relationship with your daughter>how old?> mine is 24 and she still just walks into my bathroom when I am bathing with grand daughter in tow who is 4, I have this large jaccuzzi tub, as soon as my grand baby see me in it off comes the clothes and before i know it shes in the tub with me wanting bubbles, lol
Deanna

Anonymous said...

What big hearts your girls have.  And what a sad situation for the girl who said why bother raising money when her dad would pay for it.  Your girls will go far in life knowing how the world really works!  On the bobcat front, not sure about that.  I have rehabbed wild animals in the past.  There is a lot of biting involved!  LOL
Traci

Anonymous said...

I also appreciated this bob cat story, and I see your children take after you in the way they look at such things as a bob cat pet.  One of the neighboring ranchers always had pet coyotes, but he said they remained treacherous even after he had raised them from pups, but his kids were envied for their real coyote pets.   And somebody had a pet deer.  You cause me to get my mind off my troubles!  Gerry

Anonymous said...

Dear Kelli
Woah! uh.... you have a huge yard????
Bobcats are BIg Kelly! and I thought that , well, that they need ahuge spread to roam around one! lol!:)
yeah I know some kdis don't want to do anything..it'sa big problem lately
one of my teen's teachers said that they don'tw ant to do anything jsut video games! hey I said not mine..he only owns the baseball and basketball (and soccer ) ones from years back!:) she loved that
hugs great entry
nat