Tuesday, April 3, 2007

love is alive

Last night Nikki and I went material shopping. I got stuck on the Nikki roller coaster of sewing! So I was up late last night helping Nikki.

This morning I woke up when Rusty came and crawled into bed next to me and just held me. It felt so good to be held by him. Then after he got ready for work he came back into the bedroom and plugged my cell phone in. Then he turned the ringer off so that no one would disturb me! Now that IS love.

I was thinking about a conversation that Jolynn and I had with a young marine. Chris, the marine, is about 19, and he made a comment about how Rusty and I love each other.

Jolynn and I tried to explain to him that love is really in the little things, and that it can not be bought. Chris says that all the girls he meets wants "things". Once again Jolynn and I tried to explain that love is in the little things.

Here is a list of some of the little things Rusty has done for me that shows me that he loves me.

1. turning the ringer off on my phone

2. cuddling me

3. being the strong one when my dad died

4. laughing with me when I do something crazy, and always being there for me while I am doing the crazy thing.

5. changing the brakes on my car and making sure that they are working at all times

6. taking the time to listen to me explain what I am doing on a quilt, even if I know that he does not care or understand

Some of the things I do for Rusty

1. I make sure that his laundry is always done

2. I put his new handicap plates on his truck for him

3. Sewing Rusty a quilt that I just knew he would love...... he has to sleep with it every night!

4. making his favorite dinner dish when he has had a bad day

5. pulling all of my hair out of the drain so that he is not standing knee deep while showering

6. I have sent him a e mail before just to say I love you

I do hope that one day Chris will find out that love really is in the little things. I know that it took me a while to figure it out, but I can honestly say that I am a better "lover" then I was when I was 19.

Today I am going to help Nikki work on her dress, and the maybe go to the lake this afternoon. Maybe I will take the dogs so that they can swim.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats true it really is in the little things.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you and Rusty have this kind of love. I had it with my deceased husband. He would stay up until midnight working on my car even though I would tell him I could do without it one day. He never wanted me to be  without my own car and because of his caring I didn't have to go to work after he died. Paula

Anonymous said...

the Corinthians! that has beena fav in my family...
hey Kelli what a beautiful entry!
love,nat

Anonymous said...

Love means putting the other person first...
*sigh*
You are so blessed...
*hugs*
heather

Anonymous said...

Doing the things you do not only shows love....it shows wisdom!

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOOU))))))))))))))))))))))Nice entry,I love your answers.I hope you have a nice ight.

Anonymous said...

Awww.  what a nice post.  So nice to hear the lovely things about a relationship.  I think it will bring you even more happiness to have in down in print.
Traci