Friday, April 13, 2007

a quilting day

Today I managed to get four good size pet quilts done. I still have enough batting to make a few smaller ones, so I will try to work on them in the morning.

I must say that today was very slow and nice. I got to spend most of the day quilting. Then I went to watch a little t.v. and woke up with Nikki taking a nap next to me. I just love it when my children come and cuddle with me.

Today I made up some charts for the girls. I broke the chart down into $20 a person. This really helped the girls to not look at the big picture, but look at how easy it will be for them to raise the money. So now I have two charts and the cabinet, with encouraging words on them.

For Christmas I got the new Kenny Rogers c.d. and there is a song on the c.d. that always make me stop and think. It talks about people who go out into the world and make a difference. I always think of the saying "be the change you expect to see in the world". So now what change would I like see? I know that I need to stop complaining about things and start changing things.

Anyway, my head feels like it is going to explode, so I am going to go take a bath and relax for the rest of the night.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelli I'm lurking..
I came to your journal before from Lisa's. I saw the heading and had to stop and say I'm jealous that you're quilting. I used to love to do that when my kids were young. I always hand cut and hand pieced, never had a sewing machine, and sat in front of the tv at night with my husband after the kids went to bed. Those were the days. So peaceful. Are you making them to sale? If you are good luck to you. I wanna see some pics if you get a chance to share in your journal. I know what you mean about complaining.. I feel like I do that a lot lately and hate it. That's one of the reasons sometimes I don't write in my journal I hate that everyone comes to my journal and only hears bad things. If that's all I read I wouldn't wanna come visit. Hope your head feels better. Is it sinus headache? Hope your bath helped. Have a great weekend.
Take care, Chrissie
http://journal.aol.com/nana0014/ALMOSTparadise/

Anonymous said...

Kelli, I hope your head is feeling better, thank you for your prayers for Margo's mom, I talked to Margo earlier and I am happy to report her mom is doing better, enjoy the rest of your night friend !!!!!!!!!! Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Well done getting the quits done maybe thats why you have a headache ,hope its better now ,...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))I would lvoe to see pics of the quilts when you are done with them.I hope you had a nice buble bath and got some rest.Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

It's alot lot that movie I love..."Pay it Forward." I really believe in doing things like that. I donate and give to others. It makes my heart smile! :o) I know someone out there is always in need. If I can help, then I do help. ;o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hope you headaches gone. Would love to see some photos of your quilts......may inspire me to do some for my dogs  Louise xx

Anonymous said...

I hope your headache is better and you can enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Lori

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a nice relaxing day quilting and watching tv. Hope you have a great rest of the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hey, can you come finish the quilt I started 2 years ago?  It is so sad that I have time for everything else but sewing.  I don't think it is my thing.
The change I want to see (and I want to do this in my life) is acceptance.  Accept people no matter what they believe or look like or say.  I don't have to agree, I just need to love.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Kelli you rock! I thought of you and tried some hand quilting last week
love,natalie