Wednesday, April 4, 2007

forgivness

If time can heal everything then I know enough time has passed for Amber and I.

Amber ,Sam and I were talking today. Some how we got on the subject of how we want to live. Amber said that she never wants to live on the streets again, she never wants to move in the middle of the night, and she wants to live how we are living now.

Amber remembers the bad time we had with her "dad" ( and I use that term loosely). Amber remembers more then I had ever hoped that she would, and yet Amber has now moved on.

When I look back and I think about all the bad times and the bad things that have happened to us, I smile. I smile because we have made it through. We have made it through being hungry, homeless, cold, and being beaten. And yet I can still smile.

I do not smile because I like what I lived through, I smile because I have made it despite other peoples best effort to keep me down. I smile because I have given my children the strength to move forward life.

When all is said and done I am grateful for my ex. If I have not had it so bad then I would never have known how good I have it now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))))))You guys had a rough past,but now you are all looking onto the good life in the future.Have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

I would never have suspected you had a hard time reading your upbeat attitude. I'm so happy you are happy now. Paula

Anonymous said...

Beautiful... I've always said that to forgive is to set a prisoner free and then realize that the prisoner was you...
I also celebrate the things that I've survived... I needed this reminder today.
Thanks!
*hugs*
heather

Anonymous said...

You definately have moved on if you are able to look at it in this light!  I don't know what you went through but it sounds like a nightmare.  Good for you for moving forward and not letting the mean people keep you down!  
Traci

Anonymous said...

I had no idea. When I read your journal, I hear a very strong woman with goals that she reaches. And the love for all. You have come so far. Keep that great attitude...it's getting you where you want! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

way to go girl.Stay strong. there is a old saying- any thing worth having is worth waiting for.

Anonymous said...

Kelli, you are a very strong person and a great friend !!!!!! Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Dearest Kelli,
what a strong and amazing entry Kelli!
What a great mom youare ! I am totally impressed wiht you and Amber! And I am glad that you have found agood man again
love,natalie