Friday, April 6, 2007

banana bread

I got up this morning and was reading journals, when I got a sudden taste for banana bread. What is that about? I will have to go to the store and buy some flour, but I am going to make some today. It just sounds so good.

Anyway, earlier this week a made a morning to do list for Ryan. I must say that it is really helping him out. Now he gets up and can read his list and he knows what has to be done with out us reminding him every single morning. Now I am thinking about making out a weekly list and braking it down by days. Maybe this will help him to remember to bring out his laundry, take the trash cans to the curb.... and so on. I guess I am just hoping to help him become a little bit more independent. I am hoping that once all of this stuff becomes routine that he will not need the list any more.

Last night both of the girls were gone for the evening so Rusty and I spent so time just laying in bed and cuddling. We do not get to do that as much as we would like. Then Rusty says 'There is another rip in my blanket" I said" well if you can't take care of your things, I wont get you any more things" He just snuggled down into his blanket and said "mine, you made it for me". So, I will need to get his blanket mended this week.

Easter is in a few day's and everyone is talking about buying Easter stuff. Am I strange because I do not even celebrate Easter? I do not do the whole Easter bunny thing, or color eggs. Are my children going to be scared for life if the Easter bunny does not stop here? Oh well, that is just the way it has always been. Oh wait I have colored eggs with them a time or two.

On to another subject. Rusty and all of the boys want to go out tonight. So I am going to go out with all of my guys. O.K. they really want me to go so I can drive them home, but at least they are fun to laugh at.

Amber asked for some time off over spring break and now it has hit her what she has done. With her not working this week, her paycheck will be low, and her phone bill is due. Welcome to the real world dear child of mine. You must work to earn money, and to pay your bills. Amber will learn.

I have been thinking about getting my hair trimmed. I just need to find someone who knows how to cut natural curly hair. I so hate it when people will cut off more then I have asked for and then the curls kink up on me, and it looks even shorter. I will have to really think about this.

I guess I better get dressed and get busy doing something.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My hairstylist is an hour away and it pains me to use anyone but her. She's a hippie chick - smokes pot and is married to an indian guy that looks like Jesus - she has 8 kids ranging in age from a year to 25 years - but she is FABULOUS at cutting curly hair! You have to love her...
Banana bread sounds awesome but I just re-joined weight watchers today...
salads for me, chickadee!
*hugs*
heather

Anonymous said...

I have trouble finding anyone to cut my thick hair.  They all want to use a thinning razor on me and it makes my hair frizz really bad.  That and I have some natural wave.  Enjoy the banana bread.  And have fun out with the boys!
Traci

Anonymous said...

I like that Chichita girl. I thought I was the only one who didn't go ape over holidays. My poem is about bunny woman not about me. lol Paula

Anonymous said...

Banana bread sounds good.  Let us know how it turns out!
Lori

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))))Banaba bread sunds good,can you send some through email?lol.Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

Kelli, Banana bread sounds good !!!!!!! Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Love it...wish I had some...hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

cute graphic! banana bread eh/
love,nat