Sunday, April 22, 2007

Happy Birthday

 

Today my baby girl is 15. It is so hard for me to believe. Last night I stayed up to wish her a happy birthday. Nikki was born at one second after midnight!

Nikki was a very sick baby and cried all the time. One night while I was walking the floor I turned on the c.d. player and my mom had Patsy Cline in. Nikki went right to sleep! From then on out we plated Patsy Cline when we wanted Nikki to go to sleep....sometimes it helped. I however just cringe overtime I hear Patsy Cline!

Nikki was a very small child and that comes from her being sick all of the time. Nikki was a whole 18 pounds at 2. I remember the day that the doctor looked at me and said that there nothing else they could do for Nikki and suggest that I take her to a "healer".

That was my first time I used alternative medicine. It worked and Nikki is doing great.

I am starting to go through typical teenage stuff with Nikki, but I am going to stop it before it goes to far. I guess that is part of growing up.

Nikki and her friend Brenna and the rest of the gang are out racing cars. As usual I am stuck here with Ryan. I am sitting here waiting on everyone else to get home.

I have not seen Nikki much today. It does break my heart because I would have loved to spend the whole day with her. However I do know that for her that friends are more important.

I could scream that life is not fair, but it would not do any good. So I am going to list three positive things and then I am going to get started on some house work.

1. Nikki has the courage to chase her dreams

2. Nikki can light up a room when she walks into it

3.Nikki has a sense of style that no one can match.

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep we have to face the fact that friends become more important then mom unless they need her for something. When she is grown and gone you and she will be the best of friends because you are a wonderful mom. Hope she had a wonderful birthday. Paula

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NIKI!!!!!!I remember thoes young ages.lol.When I was at that age,I had a ton of sleep overs,not only my bday.I was always out with my friends.But now,I guess I am more settled.I love my quiet tim,Mom is always telling everyone,I love my neices and nephews,but I am always asking,what time are they leaving?lol.But they love me,I spoil them.Have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

Good luck and Happy Birthday to the 15 year old.  Our doctor gave my 2 year old a "failure to thrive" diagnosis because she was so tiny.  Later on when she had caught up she kind of shrugged her shoulders and told me she had been wrong!  No kiddin'.
Traci

Anonymous said...

awwwwww! What a sweet entry Kelli! I lvoe the graphic, the sentiment... yes it is so hard to have them take off all fo the time when theyare free.
I did not know that she started off sucha beautiful wee baby! She is lieka  miracle child!
Happy Birthday Nikki!
You've sone so well as a great mom to her Kelli!
hugs,nat

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nikki !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hope Nikki has a great birthday. In a few years time she will come back to you xxxx Louise xxxx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nikki!!!:o) She's at that age where her friends are cool to hang around. A few more years she'll want to spend time with you. ;o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthdy to Nikki. How fast they grow. LOL, no matter how we want to spend time with our teens the rather spend time with the friends. I know that's hard. Hope she had a great time.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what exactly was wrong with Nikki as a baby.  Colicky babies can be very difficult.  Dan was the only one of my 4 who was colicky.  He did not smile the first 2 months of his life.  Gerry

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday wishes!!
Lyn


http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Nikki, 15 is a wonderful age................Jules xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/